My former oncologist.....

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

This guy sounds like an INCREDIBLE, EGOMANIAC, VINDICTIVE JERK!!! How can he treat someone with LC that way??!! Can you get another opinion or someone else to fill out the forms?

Pleas know there are people here that care about you.

Jane

Why should the Dr care if you work or not??? He is a jerk. Makes one wonder what's in it for him???? :x

By the time SS approved Rob to get disability, it was two weeks before he died. They said he would be eligible for Disability in Sept. and get a check mid Oct. OH yeah, they really care don't they? They also said that if he was do die even on the last day of the month, (which he did, on July 31st) that I would have to send the check back they would send in October. What is up with our government anyway? It is our own money we pay in and they tell us when, how much and IF we can have it. I will never see a dime of it, sad to say. Theres something wrong with this picture!! :roll: I sure hope things work out for you! God bless and take care...

Tess

Maybe time to write some more to your representatives.

I am so sorry that you are facing so much. Stage III is not an automatic grounds for disability,(from what I was told) so you might even need to talk to a lawyer. Usually Stage III is approved, however. If you can't afford an attorney, try legal aid.

So sorry you have to go through this.

love and fortitude

elaine

I'm wondering what on earth made him decide to work with terminal patients if he doesn't have a clue what he's dealing with. Cat, I'm so sorry you had to end up with a Doctor who in my opion does not belong in the profession, please seek some other onc. You do not need this kind of unprofessional and cold hearted treatment. My prayers are with you for strength and comfort thru this whole mess.

Cat. I hope somewhere there is a COPY of the forms that went for SSI, including the one that he signed. IF you faxed him a copy of his own words with his own signature, perhaps he would "remember". Hmmmm?

Then you could watch him hoist himself by his own petard, as I believe the expression goes.....

So sorry you have to put up with this nonsense.

Life is too short for people like that to make such an impact. Grrrrr.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

MaryAnn

prayers always.

Cat,

Contact the Congressional Reps who are handling your case. Questions re Social Security are Federal issues and right up their alley. A change in histology doesn't change the fact that you have Lung Cancer. Best to document what he is up to and pass the information on to your Congressional Rep asap....

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. Time to contact your State Board of Medical Quality Assurance and file a complaint against him and his co horts. And Elaine has a good idea..go to Legal Aid for assistance. This is unconscionable.

I know that we are years away from being able to do the kinds of things that the AIDs community have done...things like legal representation in cases such as this. But it is one of the things I am hoping will happen some day.

Once again, I am so sorry, Cat.

Cat,

Contact the Congressional Reps who are handling your case. Questions re Social Security are Federal issues and right up their alley. A change in histology doesn't change the fact that you have Lung Cancer. Best to document what he is up to and pass the information on to your Congressional Rep asap....

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. Time to contact your State Board of Medical Quality Assurance and file a complaint against him and his co horts. And Elaine has a good idea..go to Legal Aid for assistance. This is unconscionable.

I know that we are years away from being able to do the kinds of things that the AIDs community have done...things like legal representation in cases such as this. But it is one of the things I am hoping will happen some day.

Once again, I am so sorry, Cat.

use your gift.

go to your senator again, go to the papers, go to the news media. get your story out there about the abuse your suffering at the hands of these people and this jack *ss oncologist.

don't go quitely into that night. if your going to go, go out like fireworks. make all the noise you can to continue on with that legacy you have already created. keep the wheels turning. call every paper in your area and ask for the medical section, ask them to please help you get your voice out there. tell them your part of this group of fighters all battling the abuse of lung cancer victims and how its thought of as "their own fault" cat, you have it deep inside you to do this, your tired but NOT defeated. Make noise now.

I love you and thank god for the battle you have begun for me, my late parents and possibly my niece and nephew and their futures.

Cat,

I am so sorry their are people in the world like this. Unfortunatly there are. I thought you were seeing a new onc. now??? If you are as I thought why isent he the one asked the questions? Ya know as nice as a person that I believe I am I sure can make noise when I am being shafted or anyone else is that I can help. If there is any way I can help you please let me know and I will do anything you need. This &^%$%^& has to end somewhere!!! You are in my prayers Cat

God Bless You,

Jane

Cat,

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this jerk...there are more appropriate terms for the likes of him but not on this board. I know you are upset . Understandably so...but realize that you can fight this...get the other doctor involved. Call your representatives in congress. But most of all don't let them get the best of you...take care of YOU. I care about you Cat and you have had your fill of uncaring people. Just know that all of us care deeply and are praying for things to turn around for you.

Nina

Cat,

I have only two words - LEGAL AID - oops a third word PRONTO.

This doctor sounds like a disgruntled lover. Is he in a group? Can you talk to his partners? or the hospital he is associated with? (Elaine, I know I ended a sentence with a preposition)

Cat,

You are too bright and have too much fight to accept this. LEGAL AID.

Cat, this guy sounds like a complete nutcase!!!! I really don't understand why he is practicing in this field unless it is because he enjoys playing god over people's lives! I wish I lived next door so I could come help you fight this idiot, but since I can't I am sure praying for quick resoloution to this.

xxoo

Cat,

tell me where you live and anythin else you feel comfortable about revealing.

I have one gift in life, I can't exactly say what it is . But in a PM if you feel comfortable, tell me where you are, your name, your doctors name, your insurance co. and brief details about who you have seen and what the exact run around is.

I am not promising anything but there are resources we have not tapped that can sometimes produce results.

dropping to my knees right now for you to ask god to send you strength and health.