My Loving Husband

Guest mona61

Guest mona61

I have been reading this message board for a month now. It has gave me so much hope. Lat night my husband had the first good evening that he has had since this started. Only to have terrible heartburn last night and was up most of the night. He husband was diagnosed with Stage 3b Adenocarcinoma , tumor in right lung 2 1/2 inches . He is 46 years old. We have been married for 25 years. I love him so much. We have 2 wonderful sons and a new Granddaughter. I pray to God everyday for him to be better. It is so hard to deal with this disease. He is going through one day a week Carboplatin and Taxol. Plus radiation 5 times a week. He has one more chemo left and about 12 more radiation treatments. He was getting so depressed so they have gave him medicine for that. This man has never even had to take and aspirin, let alone what he is doing now. He is still working and we are lucky that he has his treatments in the town that he works. I guess what I wanted to say was my heart goes out to everyone dealing with this disease. It is not fair that this is happening to Gods children. I just keep thinking God has some reason for this and he will make it all better. My husband is very kind person and does not deserve this. His tumor has shrunk because he is breathing easy now. I have everyone in my prayers.

Welcome Mona. Prayers going up for your husband. Is he working full time? Most of us get soooooooooo tired from treatment. Most of us need antidepressents also . Please keep us posted. Donna G

I too wish to Welcome you Mona to the place none of us wish to be. I also wish to offer hope to you and your husband by sharing with you that I too WAS a Stage IIIB Adneo. That was ( 9 ) years ago, and today I am cancer free and very grateful to be!! This can be beat! Please share this with your wonderful husband and let him know I wish him well! Positive attitude is helpful. Just know your NOT ALONE in this journey! We are here with you and for you both.

God Bless and Stay with us.

Connie B.

Welcome Mona,

This terrible disease is indiscriminate, tall or short, young or old, good or bad, it just doesn't care! We can only fight it with all we have- and the good people here will support you in that fight. Please come often and "vent" if you need to , or if you just want to chat. Prayers and positive thoughts for you and your husband and family. Paddy

Hi Mona and WELCOME! You're right. This disease isn't fair, but like so many other things, we just have to play the cards that are handed to us whether we like them or not. I can so much identify with your husband never even needing an aspirin. We've been married for almost 37 years and my husband wasn't even in the computer for ever having filled a prescription. He's never sick, only missed a few days of work in those 37 years and was as strong as an ox, and then WHAMMY he gets a cancer diagnosis. Incredible! You can bet your bippy that the pharmacy and the insurance company know his name now.

I'm sorry your husband had a crummy night after finally getting to have a good evening. The first few months for us were terrible during treatment, but after the major treatment periods ended, things have gotten a lot better. I pray the same will happen for you!

Keep us posted, please!

God bless you,

Peggy

Dear Mona,

Sorry you have to be here but glad you've found us to help you and your husband get through this. Sounds like the chemo is working, even if it's having undesirable effects on his digestion. My husband has complained about feeling bloated and gassy and he is so relieved that he's just finished his last chemo. Perhaps after your husband's last, he'll feel much better.

Will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes!

Ellen

Welcome Mona,

Your husband sounds like he is going thru some of the same treatment that Steve started with (except Steve was hospitalized with a chest tube in the beginning), so I know how it's so frustrating when they finally feel a bit better, then WHAM they feel bad again. I just want to tell you that you will most likely get some really wonderful days after the tx is completed and urge you to take advantage of every one of them.

I also understand your bewilderment on how (really WHY??) this could happen. My pastor and ex-pastor spent an evening with us in which I vented all my anger and disappointment with God. We really talked openly and it was so helpful. If you have a pastor or spiritual counselor with whom you have a close connection, it might be very helpful to be able to share your feelings. Keep us posted.

hi mona,

i'm sorry to hear about your husband's condition, but i see that he's breathing easier now (which is a very good thing). i know that you are so stressed and worried...it is clearly evident how much you love your husband. i have heard that antidepressants can work wonders this situation, so i hope that your husband feels better soon emotionally as well as physically. i know that things don't seem fair. i've had my share of rants with God, but i too believe that there has to be some reason for all of this, even if we can never fully understand now. my prayers are with you and your family.

God bless,

mj