I still have a sense of humor!

Justakid

OK I proved to myself tonight that I do care about what I look like and do still have my sense of humor!

I went to my son's open house at school to meet his teacher and pay all those fees that are required for his "free" education. I was talking to one of the teachers in the hall....mind you I look like crap.....no makeup, short short short hair, packing on an extra 50 pounds, recovering from one treatment and waiting for the next, no bra because it hurts from surgery (just wearing a little spandex thing under my shirt).

I turn around and see this guy that I went to high school with, he was one of those guys that you never say unless you looked perfect (in high school). To show you how retarding I can be.......I jump behind the teacher and hid. Needless to say my son and I had a good laugh over it, once we met up with my Husband, he had a good laugh over it.

It's been 19 years since high school, I have been married 17 years, how retarded of me! But it was funny!!! :D I put my sunglasses on and went home...still grinning about it! 8)

Thought my story might make someone laugh!

Very funny. It reminds me of a story a friend of mine told me. She had been out to pick up some dinner at a local eatery, and had been carrying some extra weight-she happens to gain in her belly (like a beer belly, but on a woman, you know what it looks like-your pregnant.) Anyway, she ran into her ex boyfriend, it had been about 10 years since they'd seen eachother-and she was so surprised. So, they chatted a bit and he asked her how she was doing-she said, "Oh, fine (rubbing her belly) I just cant wait until this baby is born it is so uncomfortable." :lol: Of course, he believed her and told her she looked "great", fortunatly he left as her husband and two kids (ages 11 and 6 years old) came up to her.

On the way home she told her husband what had happened and they had a good laugh, so did we all when she told us the story.

I, personally, think that the ablitly to laugh at yourself is probably one of the best qualities a person can have-and you, Kelly, have got it!!!! KEEP LAUGHING-Deb

Hi Justakid,

Funny story. In January of 2004, I went to the food store because I

knew this coming up cemo would be a bear and had no idea of how sick

I would be. My hair was starting to fall out (it was shoulder length). I was coming out of the store to my car and it was a very cold and windy

day (live in PA) and what I thought was leaves blowing by was my hair

coming out and blowing by. Had a good laugh, what else could I do. I

felt like I Love Lucy Show. Have to look at the humor.

I don't think TeeTaa, Teacake or TBone or I ever posted this story but I like to remember it, as it was one of those "laugh" days that were SO nice.

The radiology onc. told TBone he'd start losing his hair on his 10th treatment. Well, lo and behold, he hadn't lost a hair until he got home from his 10th treatment and he realized that every time he touched his head, a handful of hair just came out. So he got outside on a stool, and while Elliott (age 13) and Anna (age 9) brushed the remaining hairs out, Dozier (age 15) circled around them with a makebelieve microphone singing, "You Are So Beautiful - To Me". I always liked the song but now I REALLY like it!

ViVi

Ella,

I just read your post in response to justakid and it gave me a great laugh. I am still laughing (out loud) and will be the rest of the evening when this crosses my mind. I am here alone and my two german shepherds look at me funny every time I bust out laughing. That was a great story, I love your attitude.

Keep it up!

Carrie

Yep, me too, and Ginny is right , these pics are cut out of a magazine. :D

I had great hair till I had several months of steroids last year and then it blew by me like leaves too! Well it plugged the bathtub and littered the floor everytime I washed and dried it. It's there again now, but gray (at the roots ) :roll: , and thinner. I woulda hid too. Laughing here and thanks for the giggle.

Love,

Nell

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

When I was on the second round of chemo and my hair started falling out I would sit outback-ironically the same spot where I brush the dog and cat at-anyway, I ran my hands thru my hair and globs would come out-I let it blow in the wind. I laughed about it. My family did not see the humor in it-oh well.

Cindy

When my MIL lost her hair during chemo she bought washable crayola markers and let my daughters (then 2&4) write and color on her head...I wasn't too sure about it and my hubby was apalled but she loved it and let them do it several times. The girls still remember giving Nonna purple hair :D

Made me laugh too, Beth. Sounds exactly like something I would do as well -- take cover if I ever saw the high school cheerleader in the store. I just have trouble relating to that spandex thingy under the shirt... and this is no magazine cut out -- the girls at my 25th year high school reuinon voted me "The Best Preserved". So there.

David

HAAAAAAA! That was a great one Beth. Guess I must be the same way because the only reunion we went to was our 10th, and we moved clear across country (no running into 'em in the halls for me!) Of course, I married my high school sweetie so he's aware of the extra pounds :roll: . He always tells me that before he met me he had hair and it wasn't grey :roll: .