cheering for a broken leg

kimblanchard

I feel like such a jack*** this morning.

I don't know if I told you the story of the day the life insurance proceeds finally came. But I took the check to the bank, and the teller was a real jerk. It took a while for them to verify the check and make sure it would clear, which makes perfect sense as it was a pretty decent sized check. And so this guy felt the need to make small talk. He was trying to convince me to invest the money at the bank with their products, and I told him I had no interest in that since I have a financial advisor I quite like. And so keeps on and on saying really offensive stuff while trying to make small talk. The one I remember most was when he said, "I'm sure it made Mass Mutual sad to write this check." And I said, "Not near as sad as I am to get it," thinking that would surely shut him up. But he said something else, and I finally said, "Sir, if you say another word I am coming over the counter and kicking your ..."

So anyway, that was then. I went into the bank this morning to bankroll the poker game tonight, and it was before they opened and the staff was just getting in. So as I am there, that guy came walking in on crutches and a cast over his entire lower leg. And I have never been so happy to see a guy with a broken leg. I held the door open for him and smiled and thought, "I sure hope that hurt a whole lot."

But now I feel like a jerk. But I am indulging it, anyway. So bad things do happen to bad people. It just so happens that we enjoy it when it does. :twisted:

Curtis

Curtis,

Did you report this person to his superiors? I can easily imagine the gist of most of what he said because my siblings and I went through something similar when my Mother's estate was settled. I wonder how many others have left this man's presence in unnecessary emotional distress.

Curtis,

Sorry you had to contend w/ an idiot banker and I myself had a chuckle over hearing of his broken leg :wink:

His lack of social skills remind me of our Benefits Coordinator at work. Would you believe that when I was filling out my short-term disability papers the week before my Lobectomy surgery, I was sitting in her office, with all the paperwork, and she just kept saying "this is just soo scary for you.....you didn't even smoke.....you must be SO scared....."

I was like "hello???? Do you have a clue what you are doing to me?"

I also felt like screaming in her face "YES, IT IS SCARY....SO NOW WHY DON'T YOU JUST TAKE YOUR LITTLE SMOKE BREAK DOWNSTAIRS AND TELL YOUR OTHER SMOKING BUDDIES HOW SCARY THIS IS FOR ME TOO....."

Of course, I didn't. I just smiled politely, finished my paperwork, and left. And I continue to smile at her politely every time I pass her outside the building on her smoke break. But I have never spoken to her since.

I suppose idiots come in all shapes and sizes. :roll:

You guys are a tough bunch. When I told this story to my brother, he completely thought I was being evil in gloating a little. It was fun because the smile I gave him as I opened the door looked totally gracious to him and was actually vindictive. But I am over it.

And Alisa is halfway home from Corpus now. I am sad that her vacation is over; she doesn't get many. But at the same time I have missed her the last few days and am looking forward to seeing her tomorrow.

Curtis