New Jay

Jay

Well, I changed my picture. It's certainly not like the last one where at least I look healthier, but there you have it. I don't even have chemo yet. I can't wait. The quicker the better.

Thank you guys for your comments, I really appreciate them. Thanks for the encouraging words: Karma, Deb, Donna, Linda, Rick, Andrea, David, Annie, Kim, Shelly, Deanna, Cathy, CathyR, Marta, Bess, Candy, Rana, Peg, Don, Nancy, Fay, Sue, Sandy, Judy, Ry, Pepperpike, Susan, Rosanne. Everyone! It really feels great to have a place like this were people is so supporting and caring.

Dave, Connie, Norme and Ginger, thanks you for your words. *HUGS* I guess it's not such a bad thing to move. Yes, I do have relatives in Canada. I have no family here really, but it hurts to leave Tony and Tina and all my friends. It's a difficult choice. It's up to my dad anyway.

So, what should I expect of chemo? SHould I expect nothing at all or the worse? *sigh*

PS: Is it my imagination or some forums dissapeard?

Jay, you'll be fine I'm sure. You have your youth going for you and I think you'll do ok. Remember to drink lots and lots of water, it will help. Rest when your body tells you to so you don't get run down. Best wishes, keep us updated.

Oh Jay -

None of us look good enough to even post a current picture - but Honey you look fabulous!

Glad to see the slightest hint of a smile in that pic too!

Expect to get through the chemo with out too much trouble. You're young and tough. Eat anything and everything you can get your hands on, and on the days of chemo, make sure you drink tons of water, and then drink some more too!

Most importantly, keep positive thoughts about the chemo. Picture it running around your system zapping any cancer cells it can find.

You're due for some good in your life - look forward to getting through this and getting on with your life.

HUGS and prayers,

SandyS

I think you will do great! Main thing as most people will say to chemo is HYDRATION!!! Do you know what Chemo cocktail they plan on putting you on?? That would give you a better idea of what certain main side effects etc, you may experience. or some advice as hwo to advert some of them. Much Luck jay!

Hi Jay,

I really like the new picture! I really think you will be ok, like everyone says you have age on your side, I cant give you any advice on treatments because I dont know much about chemo, just what is said on the boards..I just want you to know you are thought of in a very special way.

Hey Jay!!!

What a NICE picture!! The older you get the better looking you get too?! :wink:

So your worried about the chemo are yah? Well, in some cases, what you don't know won't hurt you. A friend said the other night at group that she really didn't want to know all the ins and outs of treatments, because if she did, then she would sit and wait for the the side effect to take effect.

hummmmm, kind of puts a different light on Knowledge is Power! :)

From MY humble Opinion, WAIT and SEE!! You know EVERYONE is SOOOO different when it comes to chemo's and there treatments. Some people get this, and some get that, and others just breeze through it. It's a hard call to make as to WHAT you should or shouldn't look for. Most important thing to do is, when doing your chemo, and IF you feel something isn't the NORM as your going through your chemo journey, first and foremost ALWAYS CALL your Doctor (no matter if it's day or night) to see if what your feeling or going through is worth having checked out. To me that is the FIRST thing you do when things aren't NORMAL!!!

Otherwise, just stay positive, and eat, drink and drink some more. You know that routine!!!

As for moving to Canada, well, I don't know what to say about that. I'm sure it's not a very easy situation for you dad either. :( But, where EVER you go, I can assure you that your mom will always be with you. She will Always be in your heart and Forever in your memories. I'm sure it will be VERY hard to leave Tina and Tony. That breaks my heart that you will have to leave your friends behind, but, you can ALWAYS visit one another!

And thank GOD for the Internet!!!

Well, Sweetie, I only want the BEST for you. Keep us up to date on when you start your chemo. Glad to hear your on the mend otherwise! One Day at a Time my dear. BABY STEPS!! (I know your sick of hearing that?!) hehehehe! ((((((((((((((((JAY)))))))))))))))))

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Jay, I like your new picture. And I have faith in you that you will get through all this. Selfishly, if you go to Canada, you will be a lot closer to most of us here. That's a happy tought. It is hard to leave good friends, but you can keep in touch with them. I have had to do that many times in my own life. There are new adventures ahead. Blessings. Don

Nice picture Jay,

It is hard to know what to expect from chemo. Just follow what your body tells you. Be sure to drink and try to eat.

At least if you move to Canada you'll have your family to help. I know it will be hard leaving your friends. I'm sure your dad will do what's best.

Take care.

Lots of hugs and prayers.

Rosanne

Jay, nice to hear from you and that is a great picture! Once again I am so sorry for the loss of your mom and for all that you have been through. My heart goes out to you. As far as chemo, I am sure you will handle things well with the immense strength you have shown already. I wish you all the best and will keep you in my prayers.

Jay, First of all how young are you?

Second of all I just started Chemo and was worried like you were and you know what, its been a piece of cake. Only one day a week I feel tired and that is the third day after chemo. I get mine on fridays so my week ends I feel great and than on monday I go to work and I feel tired and iccky. I rather feel Iccky at work than my days off.

Good luck brother

Guest pepperpike

Hi Jay,

Great picture! You sound so positive. Keep a good positive attitude and you'll succeed with any treatment. I had practically no reaction to chemo. I ate very well, although some of my favorite foods changed. Drink the water each and every day....very important and listen to your body. If you feel tired...nap....watch some tv...get the down time. Don't let your body get over tired....then you get some other illness and complicate everything. I would also stay out of very crowded areas where you are more likely to pick up a bug...airports, airplanes, crowded doctor waiting rooms, concerts, sports events etc. Just until you get your strength back.

Jay,

What to say other than WOW you are one handsome guy!!!!

You remind me of my husband in some ways. Dark brooding good looks, chiseled angular features, sly mischievous smile, he was also on the thin side when he was your age.

I am sure you will be fine with the Chemo. As everyone has said, you have your age, positive attitude and strength on your side.

My husband has now experienced two different chemo protocols. The first one he received once a week for three weeks, and then one week off. Cisplatin and CPT-11. He handled that really well. He was a bit nauseous and a little tired, but not too bad. He said it was no worse than a hang over. It didn't slow him down hardly at all. He did everything like normal. Now, he's receiving Cisplatin and VP-16 three days in a row and 18 days off. This treatment has knocked him out a bit. He is nauseous, but the real trouble is fatigue. He been sleeping most of the day for the last four days.

I can understand how hard it is to leave your friends and move to Canada. But being close to family will help, and there are always visits and the internet and the phone, and $100 phone bills.... :D

I'm praying for you Jay. You've come through so much already for your 19 years. You are one strong man.

Carleen

Thank you guys :) Thanks for encouraging me. I think I will do fine with the chemo, even though I am trying to make up my mind and expect nothing at all. Ray, I'm 19 years old. The youngest one in this forum I believe.

The pic-- well, it's nothing like I used to look before. Thanks Carleen, heh! Sometimes I feel I've aged a lot, inside and out. I've been having a hard time trying to cope with my mom's death, I don't think I've had time to think about chemo.

Hopefully, it will turn out fine. I start next week, once a week for one month.... that's for now. As long as they don't want to do more later. I've been having problems with my asthma. For some reason it's been hard to breath. I have doctor appointment tomorrow, so I will tell him that, cause it's like, I can't get enough air, you know? Don't know what's wrong this time.

Jay, always tell your doctor of other symptoms, like asthma, because the chemo can aggrevate them. My wife, Lucie, has asthma, allergies and a tremor in her hands, all of which are controlled by medication, but the chemo seemed to cancel the other meds and she suffered more from these other problems during chemo. Don

Jay

You do look really terrific. And, like you say, you probably have aged inside and out. You have been through as much as most of us have and we are much older.

I'm with Connie B. about the chemo experience. You'll find out that it's different for all of us. Of course, they have so many new drugs available it will probably be a breeze for you.

Good Luck

JAY,

GOOD TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOU LOOKING SO GOOD. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE CHEMO, EVERYONE GOES THROUGH IT DIFFERENTLY. YOU WILL DO FINE. DO DRINK A LOT OF WATER. ALWAYS HAVE A BOTTLE WITH YOU ( WATER OF COURSE).

GLAD YOU ARE GOING TO CANADA, - - FOR HAVING CLOSE RELATIVES ALWAYS HELPS. LET THEM SPOIL YOU ALL THEY WANT. GOD BLESS

Hey Jay!

Your picture is FINE..I am a single gal, and if it wasn't for that cradle robbing thing, I'd purr at you in an instant :wink:!

I know what you mean about that aging thing, but look at it as a bonus. You are one of the lucky few that truely are living what us old codgers wish we could have lived when we say "If we only knew then what we know now" It's a good thing. It will enhance the rest of your long life. Trust me. You are leaving lots of weaker less knowledgable kids in the dust. Go forward with it full bore!

BTW ~ I think you are VERY lucky to get to go to Canada! It beautiful! I am from the Pacific Northwest, and was about to go home for good when I was diagnosed. I can't leave So. Cal now, a place I dislike very much, due to the medical insurance issues. I have no doubt you will enjoy it there..lucky dog!

Good luck to you in your journey!