Hello from Cincinnati!

faith2000

Hello,

My name is Terra(32), and my mom(54) was dx in August with NSCLC while I was on vacation in Hilton Head. I could not believe I was here and she was there. See I am one of those kids that the parents had to kickout because they wouldn't leave. :D She is my BEST friend! I love her so much. I will NOT lose her to this horrible beast. It took my grandma and my grandpa (on my dad’s side). I can’t let it take my mom! Cancer Sucks!

So anyway, I rush home ASAP. My stepdad was on his annual fishing trip and my sister couldn't reach him on the cell. It was horrible! The oncologist told my mom at 6:00am in the morning, by herself, that she had cancer and had a couple of years. And left by 6:03am. I could not believe it. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind and I should have. Jerk! Who does he think he is? God?

So needless to say, we found a new doctor. And he is such a GOD sent! He spent ONE hour with her at the hospital answering all of her questions. He is still honest about the cancer. But gives my mom the hope and courage to fight and hopefully kill this horrible beast! :+) He said that he was one of those doctors that don't give up till he finds something that works! What an answer to prayer!! You gotta love doctors like him. Doctors that care.

But I thought it was time for me to stop lurking (since August, sorry) and introduce myself and say thank you! You all are such a blessing to me. And a GREAT group of people. I hope I can be the same. :D

Thank you,

Terra

Welcome Terra, I am sorry you have to be here but, glad you found this site. Good to hear you found a great doctor it does help. I will keep you and mom in my prayers. p.s. just noticed the photo of your family at kings island and realized we are neighbors :wink: I am in Dayton.

Haylee

Welcome! Glad you finally came out of lurkdom!

Sounds like y'all have a good handle on things - what a blessing for your Mom to have you and a compassionate doctor in her corner.

Your family is beautiful, and I'm glad we've added another little "Faith" to our cyber-family.

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

Sounds like you have her hip all covered, you say she got it replaced. An Ortho doc would not be real up on lung cancer treatment, glad you got a great Onc Doc. Welcome, keep us posted now on how Mom is doing. Donna G

Terra - glad she fired the awful doc and got a good one. That is a great first step!

And welcome from name similar folks here - my name is Karen and my daughter's name is Faith! So, I'm Karen but closer in age to your mother named Karen but I have a daughter named Faith almost the same age as your daughter named Faith . . . ok, never mind. Just being wacky here.

Sorry you have to be here, but glad you've been lurking and decided to stay. We will get you all through this!

God Bless,

Karen C.