Sometimes I just don't know

marion

Last week TAnn was writing about her pet, Cesar and tonite I am writing about Baby. She would always sit in my lap while I was at the computer and sleep on my arms at night. She has always had a upper respiratory problem and I never could get rid of it. each fall I would get Zithromax for her and it would help but not clear it up. I have been giving it to her for about a week and tonite, I notice she was doing some real deep breathing. Was taking her to the vet and she died in my arms. They said that cats didn't usually have heart attacks (for I thought that was what had happened for she was frighten). She was a little old scrawny thing but the most loving kitty you ever met. What a way to celebrate my 32 anniversary. marion

Aw, Marion....I'm so sorry about your Baby. It truly is like losing a family member......a nice, quiet relative that demands little and gives much, in the way of comfort and companionship.

The best thing about having a great pet, though...is that they expand our hearts. When we have to say goodbye to such a pet....it makea us long for another to share in our lives. Once you have dealt with your grief over losing Baby...maybe there is another kitty out there looking for you to come along and love him/her.....huh?

Again....I'm so sorry you've lost your little buddy. Godspeed, Baby.

Marion, I'm so sorry you lost your little friend, Baby. Not that many years ago, I had 6 cats, and am now down to just two. Each time I lost one of the older ones, I mourned and now I remember them distinctly - each one so very different.

The 2 I have now (in the picture) were restless last night, so I didn't sleep too well. I was ready at about 3:00 a.m. to evict them both from the house, just after Button threw up in my hand (ick), but whatever would I do without them?

I know you are sad and will grieve for this kitty, as you should. They mean so much to us in the little time we are privileged to have them.

Sadly,

Di :(

Marion,

I am so sorry your Baby is gone. I'd love to be able to tell you that you'll "get over it", but I never have. I lost my first dog my first year of college - she was 13. I still miss her...but not as much as I miss the dog I had to put down last year at the tender age of 8.

I have found the loss of pets to be comparable to the loss of other close family members. You won't get over it, but you will get through it. The pain does lessen and you'll always have the memories.

Take care,

Becky

Marion,

I can feel your pain right now. It is one of the hardest things to lose a beloved pet. I still look down before I take a step to make sure I'm not stepping on Caesar. Yesterday, I picked up his ashes from the vet. I put them on my shelf in the bedroom and placed his picture on top. I still sleep with his "baby", that he always slept with.

There are no words that can ease the pain for you right now. Hopefully, time will ease our pain. Caesar and Baby are no longer suffering and for that we can be grateful.

TAnn

I am so sorry to hear about Baby. Pets are precious. My little dog is my very best buddy. We call her a "fur person" instead of a dog. She acts and talks like people and demands her place in the family. She will always be my favorite pet I have ever had. I can feel your pain.

Nina

I want to thank all of you for your kind responses about my loss of Baby. My son in law buried her yesterday in the back yard. As a lot of you stated; your four legged friends stand by you thru thick and thin and never blame you for anything. No sass either. Thanks to all of you again. marion

I want to thank all of you for your kind responses about my loss of Baby. My son in law buried her yesterday in the back yard. As a lot of you stated; your four legged friends stand by you thru thick and thin and never blame you for anything. No sass either. Thanks to all of you again. marion