I am done with chemo!

jcawork

Went to see my onco today to discuss my scans and he announced I was now done w/ chemo-see you in 3 months. That I did the 2 extra rounds and that he didnt want me to do any additional. I was shocked, stunned and cried like a baby. Hugged everyone in the office as I left.

PCI ahead of me, but I can't beleive I am done w/ chemo.

Seeing a pulminologist next week about the plueral effusion and cough. Setting up PCI.

I can't believe I am done w/ chemo, IV's, blood counts, neupogen, all the side effects and just plain feeling like a chemo patinet (needs no further description for you guys as you know what I mean).

Thank-you for continuously holding me up when I just couldn't so it myself.

Jen

. . . and he announced I was now done w/ chemo-see you in 3 months.

YAY!!!

Seeing a pulminologist next week about the plueral effusion and cough.

YAY!!!

I can't believe I am done w/ chemo, IV's, blood counts, neupogen, all the side effects and just plain feeling like a chemo patient.

YAY!!!

Way to go, Jen!!

Love,

Peggy

So THAT'S what that sound was today, huh? You hollering with joy!! :wink:

I'm glad for you, Jen. I know you didn't look forward to four more rounds of the stuff...so am glad that part is over. And PCI goes fast....so before you know it you'll be totally done!

Maybe you'll get lucky like Di and won't even lose all your hair to PCI....eh? These days I'm getting a few stares when out, wearing my fun fur, royal blue knit hat that is an eyelash yarn...so it almost looks like I've got blue hair! :roll:

Again...congrats to the end of chemo!!

Wow, Jen -- that is GREAT news! I recall exactly how that feels too -- to be told "this is the last one." YAY!!

You'll do great with PCI. I will say this about it though -- I was very eager to have it, knowing the tremendous positive effect it has on survival, I bugged Addie incessantly to find out *exactly* what she felt and what it was like for her, but when I had the first one, it suddenly dawned on me -- "they are radiating *my* brain!" :shock: So, take just a few minutes at least to ponder the seriousness of what you are doing, while at the same realizing why you are doing it. I think you're a tough cookie like the rest of us, and will be just fine.

I'm just SO very glad for you that you've come so far and are still in there fighting away. Kudos to you, my friend!!

Di