scan results

carole

we got ct scan result today. after 6 weekly treatments of carbo /taxol, all 3 cancer sites had shown some shrinkage. however not enough to do radiation. the md said that to radiate a whole lung might do more harm than good. and since my husband is not having any bad reaction from the once weekly chemo, then will have 6 more weekly treatments and ct scan to see how the tumors like that...i feel this is good news. but is a bit confusing also. but i thought you would be interested in carbo /taxol results as it seems a popular attack mode against the evil nsclc

Carole, that sounds very much like my situation. Did six months of carbo/taxo chemo with very little shrinkage but the doc said no radtiation since the cancer is widely spread. Same reason, might do damage to other organs or tissue. I am now on iressa and the first blood test was good. so praying that this will continue. Sounds like you guys are dealing with the typical scenario. Continue to resist this disease and who knows what kind of effective treatment they will come up with. God bless. pammie