"Taking the Plunge"!

paddy

Hello All,

I'm sorry I have not been too attentive to the board lately but I have been so busy doing all the things one has to do before putting one's house on the market. My house looks so good now that I hate to leave it. I have "taken the plunge" however and I had my first prospective buyer in this afternoon.

I really am quite emotional over this, I still feel as if I am "selling the memories" of part of my life with David. Do you think he will know where I have moved to?! I actually started weeping while signing all the "dislclosure" forms yesterday - felt a bit of a "prune"!

I thought long and hard about it and decided that if I stayed in California I would have to move into an apartment anyway so I might just as well "go the whole hog" and move to Clarkston, MI to be close to my daughter "Karen" (who is also a member of the board,)and her family. I don't enjoy the hot weather here in CA so I hope I will find the Michigan climate more to my liking?!

My Grandson Scotty,(who will be five years old tomorrow,) said something very sweet when Karen told him that I might be coming to live in Clarkston. He informed her that I "had" to live with them. When Karen said that she thought I would prefer to have a place of my own, he replied, "No Mommy, Grandma must come to live with us , she needs a lot of love now because Grandpa isn't here anymore"! Wasn't that sweet, I must say I am looking forward to those special hugs!

Well my friends, wish me luck, I really need some moral support here. I am trembling in my boots!

Love to you all,

Paddy

Paddy,

I am a new friend, but want to tell you that David WILL always know where you are...because you are part of each other......I am sure.

I hope your move can be an adventure for you. And I can vouch for the healing power of hugs from grandchildren.

All the best.

Pat

Of course, David will know where you are esp. since you'll be near your daughter and he'll be glad of that cause he'll want the best for you. And there is no one like one's children. Your grandson, Scotty, sounds precious. At such a young age, he seems to have so much empathy. Sounds like your daughter is doing a good job with him. I'm sure it's hard to leave all those memories behind but you'll have some wonderful new ones with your daughter and her family.

Gail P-M

Paddy:

Yes, David will always know where you are. But if you want, you can always tell him in your heart what your plans are. It looks like you are heading in the right direction. Enjoy your new life, and remember David will be with you in your heart.

Don M

Paddy,

I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be. You really brought the tears to my eyes. Just know that David will be with you always. No one can take him away from you. I feel sure he is really proud of you now and he's happy to see you moving to be near your daughter's family.

(((Hugs))),

Sue

To my good friend, Paddy!

I ditto Sue's post - the tears were burning in my eyes as I read your words. I can't even imagine how hard this is for you, but in my heart, I do know it's what is best.

I always wanted to get my dad to move after my mom died - I think it would have been so much easier for him, but he wouldn't budge.

This will be a good move and you will so much enjoy spring and summer in Michigan and time with Karen and the kids. Even through the tears, I am very happy for you.

All my love,

Peggy

David will always know where you are. If your family is in Mi and you don't feel you can keep the house alone, then by all means enjoy the move. I hope you find just the perfect place for you near your daughter and grandson. I will keep you in my prayers that you get a good price and a fair deal on both houses.

Nina

Paddy, David will go wherever you are. He also understands why you are selling the house and leaving the memories. Even though, you are not really leaving the memories, as they will always stay with you deep in your heart. That is where David will always be, so you see he will always be close to you.

Moving to be around your daughter and your grandson is a great move.... priceless..

I hope you get lots of buyers to choose from. I have a feeling they will be fighting over your house.

You are taking control of your life and getting it back in order. That is what David would want you to do. He is very proud of you.

Take care and be well.

Maryanne

The worst time of the whole 13 months since Becky died was the first two weeks in the new house. Becky had never seen it or entered it, and so much of our stuff was still packed. It wasn't until I could get all of our stuff unpacked and organized until I could feel her with me. And I have never doubted it since.

So be prepared for this to be tough. But you will get through it. And it will be a reminder that it is not things - even your house - that connects you to David, but the love in your heart that isn't going anywhere.

Curtis

I even think David may have played a part in your decision to move close to your daughter. I can't help but feel that anywhere I am, Tim is always with me. I can feel him guiding me. It is very comforting to me.

My best to you in your new move!

Cyndy

Paddy, as you know I am right in the middle of my move so I know exactly how you feel. So often while getting ready for moving to a smaller place, I was tossing or giving or donating many of Earl's things. It made me feel like I was throwing a little bit of Earl away each time, very emotional.

I am not worried about Earl knowing where I am because Earl is my heart and therefore always with me. But, almost everyone I know that has been widowed, does one of two things: they redecorate their current house or they move. It is important to make a new place of their own.

I have told my children that I know I will be a babbling, crying idiot on Thursday when I leave this house, but I know that it is the right thing to do. Good luck on this move and be happy that David is going with you and that you will be close to your daughter and grandchildren.

Pat, Gail, Don M, Sue,Peggy, Nina,Maryanne,Curtis, Ry,Cyndy,and Ginny, you Guys are Terrific! Thank you so much for your kind words and positive support.I was going to try to reply to you all seperately, but I just don't have the time at the moment. Suffice to say that each one of your posts is appreciated more than you know.

I think David did know I would head to MI if anything happened to him, but I had a moment of panic thinking he might not "know where to find me". I feel much better about that now.

Can you believe it, the two families that came around to look at the house yesterday are both making offers tonight! Whew, I didn't expect that so soon!

Now I have to have a garage sale, phone the movers, book a flight for me and my dog and pack,pack pack!

I must say I really am looking forward to being around my family again, especially those two little one's.

Thank you all once again. I will keep in touch.

Paddy

Paddy, I think this is great. I don't like hot weather either, and your daughter Karen is a terrific person and your grandson sounds like a chip off his mom - and his Grandmom - and his Granddad's block, so to speak. You will be happier and of course David knows where you are, he's probably so happy that you are making this move. and I'm not surprised to hear how fast your house sold. The market is hot right now (everywhere but in Aylett, haha).

Best of luck!

Karen

Paddy -

Of course David will find you. Didn't the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus find Katie after Curtis moved? I think they all have GPS now and if they have it, it surely must be in Heaven too!

All kidding aside, I think you're doing the right thing. I've stayed in my house, but like Ginny said, even those of us who stay find ourselves redecorating, changing things in some way. I've donated several pieces of furniture, bought new sofa and loveseat, cut down a tree in the backyard -- constantly replacing things. I do feel the need to make it "mine" now. And some of it is just the need to fill the time when I'm alone here. Now I have the time to do all those things I used to only think about.

I know your family will enjoy having you close and I think it'll be good for you to not be alone so much.

Best wishes, my friend.

Hang in there.