some good news

RAY A

OK, OK, I have been looking all day to read some good news and there is none to be found so I guess I can write about some good news even if it’s small. I am hoping to save the good news writing for the mother of all good news) Thursday I went to my onoc. For my first treatment of my second cycle. I got blood work and then saw my Onoc. He said my blood is back up to 12.9, (last treatment it was down to 12.0 thank god for procrit) he also said white blood cells look great and kidneys are doing great and im not losing any weight not that I couldn’t afford to lose 20 or 30 lbs and I’m doing great as far as the chemo goes. (Only side effects I'm having are being tired for a couple days and hair loss.) After two more treatments I go for ct scan and brain MRI (just to make sure I’m empty headed) I don’t know if anyone else feels the way I do but I actually look forward to my chemo. I get to lay back and relax (thanks to the good drugs they give me) And I tell the cancer look out I’m coming to get ya.

I hope in 3 weeks I will be giving you all some great news but for now that’s all I got.

LOVE ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS HERE

RAY A

Hi De Ho Brother Ray!

Little blurps of good news is nice to hear TOO!!!! Sounds like your doing pretty darn great with your chemo! So glad to hear it. I did fine with mine too! Most cancer patients do just fine with it. Glad to hear yours isn't causing any major problems. I know a wonderful man that is in his 70's and is doing chemo and he golfs, and does all kinds of things right after his treatments. He's a joy to be around!! Kind of like YOU ARE!! :wink:

In the MEAN time, I will keep saying my prayers that all will be A-OKAY come CT time and MRI time!! I use to talk to myself too when I did my chemo. My girlfriend said, " When you talk to yourself you know your not talking to no dummy" :P

Stay positive, I'm sure it's doing the trick!!!

Wram and Gentle Hugs,

Hey Ray!!; sounds good to me. :):) Love your attitude man, kinda like " look out cancer I'm commin to get ya one more time" just needs music!

Keep it up Ray, ya know your in my prayers!

be well and God bless

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Ray that is good news. I just started my first treatment of my second cycle today. Feel really good and am going to work tomorrow. Blood counts stayed WNL. Been atching my diet to help those. After ths cycle will get a chest and brain CT to see what progrss I have made. There is no other option than progress. I've been thimking of having a little fun with the chemo nurses andgetting diffierent shirts printed up for everyday of chemo. IE CANCER SUCKS t-shirt. The the other day maybe have a shirt that says Kickin Cancer A**. It could be kinda fun, it gets a little boring during chemo

Great news Ray. I think we should all post in this forum with even the smallest amount of good news. Its so uplifting to read it - so thanks!

You saying your excited about getting chemo - weird, hu? But true. I remember a few years ago when my Aunt (age 72) began her treatments for breast cancer. We all shook our heads and wondered if she had lost her mind because she LOVED going for treatment. She lived alone, was a very social minded person and didn't get out much. Still, none of us could understand what was going on in her mind to be so happy about going for treatment. (I think we thought it was rather sad that she was so lonely that she actually had to look forward to getting this stuff). THEN Hugh got sick and I suddenly understood. Chemotherapy is actually kind of a mental therapy in itself. First your being proactive and actually working at getting better, then there is the fact that the nurses are so upbeat and friendly. We both get snacks and juice through out the treatment, there are huge windows with birdfeeders at every chair that overlook woods and there is even an occasional bear (though I haven't been lucky enough to see one). You meet people who are going through exactly what you are and you become friends of sort.

So I tried to explain to my family - now they think Hugh and I have lost our minds :) Again, guess you got to go through it to understand it. And this isn't to say that Hugh and I aren't both thrilled that chemo is over at least for now.

Keep the good news coming RAY!

I LOVE GOOD NEWS. SO GLAD YOU ARE COMING ALONG GREAT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.... BALD MEN ARE SEXY.... OR SO i HAVE HEARD....HOWEVER, MAYBE MY HEARING AID WASN'T WORKING......NO IT HAS A NEW BATTERY SO IT MUST BE TRUE..... AT LEAST MY BUDDY WAS.....