Update on Brian----(news for 5/10/05)

Patkid

Guest marchwinds05

I am thinking of you and praying for you also. The dr.'s told my DH to highly consider giving up his job. I think they (our DH's) wonder what's left if they do. Praying for you for strength.

Sending strength and all good thoughts your way! You'll figure out the details...because you already know what matters most, right?

A retired hubby DOES need something to do, though...(trust me, I've got one!! :shock: )...so how does Bri feel about cooking? Laundry? Building you a new coffee table? Needlework? (Hey...if Rosie Greer can knit....why not Brian, eh? :wink: ) Landscaping?

Take a deep breath, Pat...and don't let the details get you down. Prioritize...and things will fall into place. We were on our way to Arizona to live when I was dx'd (which, BTW, was a year ago today!!) and hubby is out there right now, trying to get the darn house finished so we can sell it. We're staying put, despite the fact that we've had enough snowy winters in the past 22 yrs here to last us...well, a lifetime! :?

The priorities??? Remaining near my doctors whom I trust...and near one of our sons, who lives 10 minutes from us now. The rest will fall into place so I try not to worry about things.

There will always be lots of support and even a few really good ideas to be found here :wink: ...so look at this site as a great resource (I know you already do) and a great place to unload or vent whenever needed!

Good thoughts coming your way.....good, getting-the-devil-OUT-of-the-details thoughts! 8)

Thank you, all, for the love, support and encouragement we so desparately need.

Brian has scans today. He is pretty sick, and I surely do hope he can "lie still". He will take an ativan before we leave and that will help.

There is no way we can convey in words what each of you means to us.

We read and relish every word you write. We take hope from each post and feel hugged. We have a binder that I made up for Brian with many of his favorite posts printed out..............he reads it daily and says: Attitude still good.............determination still strong.

God led us here, I know he will not abandon even one of us.

Brian decided that he wanted to do our preplanning for final arrangements. We spent most of yesterday at the cemetary and the funeral home.........it was hard, yet good, somehow. He feels really good to have that task completed. I am sure glad he had control over at least those things in his life........it seems like so much is decided for him, I love when he gets to call the shots.........any shots.........about any thing at all. He is the most dear and gentle man. I am so proud of how he is "doing" this. I am so glad that he is not just curling up in his big chair and withdrawing. He went out to feed his squirrels this morning and had to run in during the process to be sick to his stomach, but went right back to finish. How can you not respect and love him?

Lots of love and prayerful thank yous.

Brat.

Hi Pat and Brian,

Just wanted to let the two of you know that you are still in our prayers here in Virginia. Hope Brian is able to go thru the scans. I remember a similar time with Mike when he was nauseaus at scan time. Somehow , he managed to drink contrast and keep it all down for the scans. We understand and we are praying for you to have much better days ahead. :wink:

Love,

Sue

Dear Pat & Brian,

I will continue to keep you in my prayers. How very proud you must be of your husband Pat! Brian sounds like a very strong and very courageous man to be handling those tasks.

Wishing you the best to get thru the scans and get a plan in place.

Love,

Hi Brat.

Do not know how I missed your original post.. oh well.

I just have to say a couple things. One is call SS office TODAY. well...tomorrow. Just in case he does not return to work. The clock starts ticking the day he makes the call..that is my understanding anyway. Not the day from the actual disability. So, even if he ends up going back to work, nothing is lost, since there is no expense at all for applying. But, if he does qualify for SSDI and it is determined that he is not eligible to work, then he loses those months that he could have collected but did not because he did not make the phone call.

And another concern of yours, Brian, is the no-work thing. I am self-supporting too and had/have my career. I grieved over the loss of my ability to work and at times it is on-going. I haven't given up the idea that one day I will return. I haven't given that up completely. But, I have relenquished that idea for now. I will know when I can go back to work, or if I can go back to work. But, it is easier living in the day and not projecting too far out ahead. It is good to cover your bases, of course, but we don't know exactly what the future may hold.

Hang in there you two. It is great to have your wisdome and care here, Pat. You are really inspiring and loving. Thanks!

Cindi o'h

Continued prayers to Brian, Pat, I hope he has some good scan results.

Hange in there. Things could change for the better at any given time. I belive that.

Please take care,

Maryanne

Brian and Pat,

Fingers crossed for Brian to doze through the scans. My husband didn't like scan days but always managed and the techs are so good because they realize how hard it can be to lie still when you have so many physical issues going on.

Brian sounds alot like Jim - tending to the animals and great determination!

You are very lucky to have each other and I really think that makes this crummy process so much more tolerable.

You are both in my thoughts today,

Lynne