Carbo/Taxotere

kickincancer

Just wondering what kind of results people are getting from Carbo/taxotere combo? My mom is on round 4. And I am just wondering what to expect. I know everyone has different results,but I would like to here how others have responded to this combo. She seems to be tolerating it very well so her onc. increased her dosage. Thanks and God Bless All!!!

Taxol/Carbo was my first course of treatment. I had problems with my blood counts and had to stop after the 5th treatment. It held me stable, no shrinkage and like Beth, my tumor started growing again only a couple of months after completing it.

Hope it works for your mom.

TAnn

Carbo/Taxol was Bill's first course of treatment. He tolerated it very well with practically no side effects. We cannot say if it worked, the lesions on his brain continued to grow, but there was no spreading elsewhere and the oncologist/neurologist believe that those lesions were there prior to starting the chemo. I don't believe that the Carbo/Taxol combination is expected to cross the blood/brain barrier; so aside from the growth on the brain lesions...it seemed to work well for Bill. Hope this helps.

Carbo and Taxol was my 2nd line chemo for the 2nd tumor.It along with radiation shrunk it way down and it remained stable for well over 1 year.

On this new tumor I had same thing but was unable to complete all treatments.(it really knocked me on my butt the 2nd time around)

My Mom I guess has seen a bit better results so far. The chemo/radiation got rid of the one tumor in her lung, and so far she is still NED. Side effects were very mild for her, some weeks she was more nauseated than others, but for the most part she breezed thru it. I think the radiation was worse on her. Good luck to your mom and I hope she has excellent results.

Kim

I had radiation plus carbo/taxol. The chemo was lower dosed because it was used with the radiation and it was given weekly for 7 weeks. Something knocked me on my can. One or the other or both. I had another full dose round of that cocktail about 5 weeks after the radiation ended. My blood counts were very low and I was having multiple heart symptoms and required a transfusion. I was switched to a taxotere and carboplatin for the last cycles of chemo. I have not had any recurrences. 30 months now since diagnosis.

Stage lllb.

Cindi o'h

My mom will have her fourth round of carbo/taxol in about a week. They've been once a month for the last three months, and it hits her a little harder each time. She has a lot of pain the first several days after a txt, then she's very tired. We don't know how it's working yet from the doctors stand point, but are still claiming her healing in Jesus name. I imagine they'll do scans after the fourth to see where they stand. The possibility of radiation has been mentioned afterwards.

Mom is stronger than she knows. She's even in Dallas this week with her sis, helping her brother get settled in to the house he just bought.

We told her to not over do it, of course, but she wanted to help before the last txt.

I'll be praying for your mom.

God bless,

Christy

oh. Just wanted to add that the onc. who suggested carbo/taxotere from me is lung cancer researcher and has a special interest in treating lung cancer. He was excited about the combination. It has been tried by the Southwest Oncology Group and the results of the study exeeded the survival rate much farther than any other combination. Please check with her onc. to see what he says about this. I am sure that he is well aware of this study and that is the reason for the suggestion of the carbo/taxotere combo.

For me, that was almost 2 years since I completed treatment. Perhaps there are newer drugs and newer studies out there, but I don't know of any off hand.

Cindi o'h