DavidC's birthday

BeckyCW

I'm having a very rough time, as is the rest of my family. Today is David's birthday and he would have been 41. It's still unbearable to think I will never be able to laugh with him again or hug him or talk to him about old memories or make new ones.

On David's 40th birthday, we were all together (David, Karen, Faith, my parents, my sister and her family, and me) on a family vacation in Glacier National Park, Montana - a place that has many happy memories for us as a family. We were celebrating my parents' 50th annivesary (a couple of weeks early) and our last day there was also David's 40th birthday (which we all knew might be his last). It was a beautiful place and a great time. David told me several times in his last weeks that he'd like to go back and do that again.

So for his birthday, I got him a "tree of remembrance." The Park Service will plant a tree in his memory in Glacier, in the St. Mary Valley where we spent most of our time as a family over the years on Glacier vacations. I think he'd like that.

Thank you all for the support you gave to him and Karen and me during a very rough 2 years and 3 months. He was brave, strong, positive, caring, and happy, and he leaves such a big hole in our lives. The thing he would be most concerned about now -- as always -- is that everyone be happy. So we try. But today's just a hard day for that.

Happy Birthday, little brother.

Love,

BeckyCW

Hi Becky

I sorry this was such a tough day for you. But I believe David was there in spirit.

What a beautiful tribute to plant a tree in David's honor..gave me the chills. David will love it!! Also, to have it planted in David's favorite place is.. Priceless.

You are such a caring, loving sister. David was also lucky to have you in his life.

Peace be with you, my friend.

Maryanne

PS. I think your avitar finally changed. That has to be David in that picture with you. What a joy to see!! He was a special young man.

Dear Becky,

I am late in wishing David a Happy Birthday in Heaven but he forgives me I just know he does! That picture is so wonderful you both are just radiant!! Love shows through there right through those smiles!! I am so glad you had a tree planted in David's memory. I went to do the same thing in June of this year on Alan's birthday and still have not recieved the tree that will be planted in my yard. It will be a red maple as it was his favorite tree. I have to say I did better than I expected to do on his birthday and the anniversary of his passing but having Mom here with me helped I am sure.,

Time is our only healer Becky and we will heal but we will always remember what very special Brothers we had. I'm sorry but I have a real hard time with writing had as I still consider him my Brother and he is so HAVE.

I have 5 Brothers , tell me if anyone knows what is the proper way to say how many siblings you have. I always say I had 5 Brothers and lost 1 and have 2 Sisters.

Becky, I am sure you're Brother is smiling down on you as mine is me and we will get to live eternally in Heaven with them.

God bless you Sweety,

Jane

I know that little tree will grow to be one of the tallest and strongest trees in the park....just like or Dave was! I know how hard Saturday must have been for you, Becky. Please know how much your little brother meant to all of us and how very much his laughter and determination are missed!

Thanks, everyone. I'll try to post a picture of David's tree when I get it. :)

And Jane, I wish I knew the answer to that "how many siblings do you have" question. So far it's only come up a few times, and I've said I have one sister who lives in Virginia and one brother who lives with God now. (That's what Karen told Faith, and it fits... He lives at God's house now.) I figure he'll have a better-than-bird's-eye view of his tree...

BeckyCW

Dear Becky,

When people ask me how many siblings I have, I always answer (3). In MOST cases they don't ask anymore then that, but now and again they ask things like, "oh how old are they" in which I answer them HOWEVER, with my sister Bonnie WHO passed away 17 years ago, I do say, she is/will be forever 43 now that she is in heaven. Or if they say, where do they live? I say, one in such & such, one in so & so, and one in heaven.

As far as I am concerned, I will FOREVER have 3 sisters no matter where they are.

I hear the same with my son. People say, How many kids do you have? I always answer (2) a daughter and a son, however my son has passed away.

IT IS WHAT IT IS IN OUR HEARTS! They will be our family members FOREVER! :wink:

It's painful when people ask that question. But, it will get softer as time goes on.

LOVE & HUGS,

Connie