A brief update

Sam'swifeShirley

Hi guys,

Just want to say hello to all. I lurk once or twice a day but just don't feel up to writing much. As I said once before. Know that I celebrate everyone's good news and feel pain for everyone's setbacks and losses even if I don't respond to each post. I will happily continue to respond on the forum or in private to those who ask and think I can help and I'll try, to help that is. Sometimes with this chemo brain fog, I'm not sure that I am or can be that much help, but I'll try.

This chemo (carboplatin and Taxotere) is tough on me, worse than last year's cisplatin and irinotecan. It's really puts me on my a** for a week and it takes another week to crawl out of the hole. That gives me one half-decent week out of three. Add to that, dealing with the pneumonitis and oxygen and , well, I whine.

I continue to pray for us all.

Sam

Sam,

so glad to hear from you again. we all know you must be having a hard time right now so just hang in there and keep reading. its nice to know you are getting through it all. my husband Buddy is starting the taxotere tomorrow. he can't have two meds per his onc because he feels he is to weak right now.

hope the best for you....and whine all you want....we are all human.....I THINK......

Oh Sam,

How I can so relate to you!!! I start back on Mon. and will go another 6 rounds of Cisplatin/ VP16. I had only a little nausea, and hear the occassional high pitch sounds in my ears....But The Tiredness I Felt!!! I slept pretty much for two days straight after the second marathon round of Cisplatin. Your right about the "chemo fog" too! Just when you start to get your strength back it is time for another round, huh!

I am so glad to see you post. Sam your reply to my post did help me so much. I guess I am reliving some unresolved feelings about my parent's deaths from cancer. They died 17 years ago witin two weeks of one another. Watching them die was so awful. But your comment that you didn't think it was painful to die seems true. Both slipped into comas and died peacefully. I too wonder about this perpetual state of unconscienceness until christ returns, and are all then resurected for eternity. You likened this state to being under "anesthesia." How very interesting! Waking up from anesthesia is weird..I mean all of this time lapses and you awaken feeling like your stuck in a time warp or something.

I suppose I am not dying this very second, so I will try to live my life as beast I can. Livig with cancer is what is scarey! No, Looking in the mirror at my bald head is pretty scarey too!! Ha!

I happened on a verse in the bible that helped me realize something (Habakuk 1:1-17.) Satan wants to consume us! Not literally of course, but he wants to shatter our hope and faith. You and others on this board have helped me to find some hope and faith these last few days!

Thanks,

Cheryl

Sam

Drink a nice glass of wine with that whine - - - it will help.

I sure know how you feel right now. I am going through some more setbacks and feel like I have hit another brick wall. I have a lung infection right now and the last CT scans show a 2 cm lesion in my liver. The pneumonitis has gotten much worse and I stay on 40 MG prednisone per day plus the oxygen around the clock.

Keep your chin up and know we are all in this together.

Dear Sam,

Thank you for responding to my question about oxygen. You helped me a lot. I am sorry that you are having a difficult time with your chemo regimen. But I know you know it's worth it when you have positive results. Soon, I hope to see you posting in the good news section. Don't worry about sounding like you are whining. You are not! Just think of what you've been through this past year--full treatments for 2 cancers. My goodness!

I've always said I am more afraid of the cancer than of anything they can throw at me. Keep that in mind when you are feeling down. Eventhough you are low, you are working very hard to stay on top of things.

Thinking of you and praying for you,

Ada

I agree with Eileen re heroes. So Sam that makes you a really big hero, going through treatment for SCLC and NSCLC !!!!!!!. Keep plugging we are all praying for a successful outcome- when this will be all behind you.

Dear Sam,

You know you never have to worry about whining here. I really hope you get some relief soon. I hate that you, my dad and every single person here has to go through so much. I've said it before, nothing else matters when you cant breath. I cant even imagine what all you guys go through. Hang in there Sam.