Still No Word on Uncle and Aunt

Fay A.

Oh Fay, I thought for sure you would have heard something by now. I know that communication seems to still be a real problem for a lot of people. You just hang in there and remember we're still saying prayers.

Fay,

Take heart; my cousin is 48 years old and lives (lived) in Slidell. He chose not to evacuate and stayed home, just inland, to weather the storm. He is our only family member in the hurricane path, most everyone else is here in Cincy, but nobody had heard from Steve since two days before Katrina hit. My aunt got a phone call on Monday from him. He had no idea that his other messages had not gotten thru and that the whole family was worried. He had put his name on a list that was to be posted for relatives, but it apparently did not happen. All along, we assumed that if he was able, he would have been in contact or sent word of his safety. He feels terrible for causing so much worry, but has been overwhelmed with the relief, rebuilding and burial efforts going on in his hometown. I hope and pray that your aunt and uncle are safe and it is just a communication issue. You'll be in my prayers.

Faye your Aunt and Uncle may have been evacuated to some other area. It seems that the Red Cross and others envolved were so overwhelmed that they didn't really take good records of those they were sending out. I know most people stayed close in Mississippi but I'm sure that some were sent elsewhere. Maybe they have no way to communicate. I know that in Louisiana there are still a lot of problems with phones both land based and cell. Keep heart and know that many prayers are being said for them.

Have you tried posting on the internet? Maybe someone has seen them and will let you know. Just an idea. Things are still so crazy down there. There could be any number of reasons why you haven't heard from them.

Fay,

That's awful. I would have thought you'd hear from them by now. As others have said, things are still a mess down there and your uncle and aunt may have tried to communicate with relatives and thought that they had. In the meantime, I will keep them in my prayers.

gail p-m