Getting to Know You - October 21

Ann

Actually neither. My mom extremely outgoing and my dad was extremely quiet. I am between both.

But unfortunately, I have physical characterists of my moms side. I am only 5' ( was 5' 1 1/2, shrunk 1 & 1/2 inches :shock: ) My mom was 4'11 and shrunk to 4'8. Plus she has the big stomach which we all inherited. I hate it.

If I had the money for plastic surgery, that is the only thing that I would get done. Lipo suction and a tummy tuck!! My dad had a washboard stomach (went in instead of out). Thank G-d my daughter inherited that part of my dads side. She is also 5'6. Her legs comes up to the top of my hips... go figure :roll:

Maryanne :wink:

As some of you remember, I was adopted and didn't meet my biological parents until I was 20 years old. After meeting them, I realized that appearance wise, I was very much like my dad. But, all the personality traits that I have seem to come from the wonderful couple that raised me...my real parents. I am so much like my mom that it's amazing. But, I'm a lot like my dad, also.

personality-wise, I am more like my father in most ways. irreverent, bookish, a temper I work very hard to try and contain. sports fan, to the death - Yankees, Rangers, Giants, in that order.

in the ways I am different from my father, though, I am just like my mother. :lol: emotionally driven, spiritually seeking. our aesthetics are similar, as well.

I also take after my father's side of the family physically, especially my paternal grandmother, though people say I have suki's smile. :)

xoxo

bunny (a nickname men on my father's side of the family have had for generations)

Very good question... I am truly a mix of each of them... I look very much like my Mom and I am very sensitive like she is. I have my Dad's quick wit and sense of humor... I am usually the one who gets the party laughing. So, God blessed me with the best of both of them....

When I look at pictures of me now and pictures of my mom at my age its hard to tell which one of us is there. My physical health is alot like my dad's but my temperment is alot like my mom. I hate confrontation, I think loving each other is the most important thing any of us can do, my family is very important to me and we are very close. I wish I had a little more of my dad's intellect and drive. He graduated from med school when he was 21 and never let a day go by that he didn't read and learn something new. His patients all loved him deeply and many times I saw him cry over his patient's illnesses or death.

Nina

I have been told that I look and sound like my mama. I know that like her I am a worrier. I also have very storng work ethics that I got from her. From my dad I got my love of reading and my ability to use words to express myself. The thing is I can express myself in writing but when I try to do it in person I just can't seem to express what I mean. That has caused me a lot of problems in my life.