Hebbie (Heather)

Connie B

Been thinking of you Heather and glad that you posted.

Please take heed in what people are telling you, that it may just me scar tissue. That happens so much and you did have a lot of radiation done.

I am glad that you are keeping yourself busy with the walk. I will be joining you. You have done so much to help spread the awareness of LC and also all the contributions that were brought in because of you. You have certainly made a difference and I admire you.

I know in my heart that everything will turn out in your favor. Keep that positive up as faith has moved many mountains.

See you Saturday.

Maryanne

Thank you so much everyone, for your kind words and thoughts.

I just want to mention/clarify about these "nodules" -- there appear to be MANY. Totalling about 20, scattered throughout both lungs. The largest one is in my lower left lobe, but still too small to do a CT guided needle biopsy on and still too small for a surgical biopsy. There has been SLIGHT growth between each scan, and Fay, you are right, I should pull them all and compare them each to see how much they have grown over time. Thanks for the suggestion!

Heather,It is frustrating knowing something is in there and everyone wants to watch and wait.I for one intend to be a very old man and still watching & waiting.

I'm sure when that time comes (old man hood) I'll be here reading about another walk or some kind of awareness event you are planning.

Thank You for all that you do.

Here's my 2 cents worth of NOTHING, Heather. Seems if there are THAT many...they just couldn't be bad. Sounds like scar tissue breaking up or something. Now ONE, I would think COULD be even more suspicious.

Like I said, 2 cents of nothing here.

Kasey

BTW: I would certainly like my old life back too. Terrible isn't it?

Hey Heather ~

Sorry to hear about your scan...I'm on the same "nodule watch" plan. It BITES!!! Like Kasey's DH, mine are also non-calcified (2 in the R middle lobe, 1 in the R upper lobe, and 1 in the L lower lobe) and like yours, showed slight growth (the L one) last time around. OH YES, I SEE THE PATTERN!! My Doc takes the same "ho-hum" approach - drives me NUTS!!! I am a "difficult" patient, in that I ask TONS of questions, and insist on dotted I's and crossed T's. I do alot of research, and have pissed off my doc countless times, I'm sure. (He still hasn't stopped grumbling about me going to Mayo for a second :roll: ) These things are scary...make you lose sleep at night, and peace by day. I feel like I'm just waiting 'til it grows enough to do something. My Dad's entire family died of adeno/adeno with BAC, and I feel like the blessing of early detection is simply being wasted. At the beginning of the year, I was asymptomatic...now I have "moderate" asthma, my labs are "slightly" off, etc. I know that CT measurements can vary as much as 1.7mm from scan to scan - so I guess that is why we are waiting??? Not comforting.

The point of my ramblings, I guess, is to encourage you to ASK, ASK, ASK. It's your life. Personally, I feel like Elaine, in that Seinfeld episode, you know, where all the Doctors are writing derogatory things in her file...she can't find a doc in town to prescribe rash ointment??? (heehee) Push your doctors relentlessly, if you feel you are getting the run-around. With your history, you need to.

I hope you can find some answers, and that they will be good ones. I was telling Kasey, last week, that I want to start a thread for those stuck in the early dx dilemmas...a place to compare notes/nodules :roll: What a champion...taking the time to do all of this awareness work with all of this on your plate...God bless!!

Please feel free to PM if ya need to.

Love & Hope,

Stacey

Heather,

I just now saw this thread and want you to know that I'm hoping for the very best for you and that this all turns out to be nothing.

I totally understand what agony this is for you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Take care,

Cindy

Heather, I have a couple of nodules in the same lung where my lobe was removed that they have been watching for 2 years now. They are too small to light up on PET and 2 small to biopsy. All of my doctors and the radiologist think it's scar tissue and just plain benign type nodules that anyone can get. But of course with a lung cancer history, it makes me nervous anyway.

Because of them, I still get scanned every 6 months. As for now, all my doctors consider me NED, but I'm still cautious.

Fondly,

Alisa

Add me to the nodules list. I have one they have been watching for a few years and Wednesday I was told I have a new nodule. Both are in my good lung. My surgeon doesn't think it's anything to worry about. Yea, right. I asked to have another radiologist look at the films and my doctor agreed to do that. The down side is that I had to leave my precious films with them. I guard them very carefully. :lol: It would be very difficult to replace them.

Hebbie,

I have not read the rest of the thread... I am just staring at the screen trying to find some words to offer comfort for you. I will send so many prayers your way. Please consider additional opinions asap if you are at all uncomfortable with what you are hearing. I am here for you.