Newcomer

Guest jazzzzyblu

Guest jazzzzyblu

Hi, just joined looking for some caregiver support, my husband has NSCLC stage3a, inoperable. At this time, we are circling the airport! And I'm tired, need a break...

He gave up his 4 pack a day habit July 2004 and was having trouble breathing, hospitalized August 2004, diagnosed with COPD/Emphysema, saw a mass. He is obese, so this is an issue as well. PET scan October 2004. Cardiac Catherization with 3 stents January 2005. Endoscopic biopsy February 2005, poorly differentiated squamous cell carcinoma. Retired March 2005. Chemotherapy started April 2005. Gemzar, Cisplatin. Radiation therapy, 37 treatments May/June 2005. New Pet July, still residual tumor. Next chemo,Taxotere for 2 treatments, then taxotere/carboplatin combo.New CAT JAnuary 2006, inconclusive. Consultations with thoracic surgeon JAnuary 2006, to no avail, tumor may be in the broncial tube, upper left lobe totally collasped, little or no movement in lower lobe. And that's where we are. Next CAt with contrast,MArch 2006.

Hi Jazzi,

So sorry you had to find us. But we are a group that is full of support and very knowledable. If you have questions just ask, if you need support just ask. We are always here and you are never alone.

Please update us with your husbands profile so we can get to know him.

I am so sorry for his diagnosis as we have all walked in your shoes. I know how scared you are. But please know that LC is not a death sentence. There are so many different treatments available now, they just have to find the one that will work for your husband.

Also if you are not satisfied with what the doctor is telling you always get a 2nd opinion. That has saved lives in many cases.

So many people here have beaten the odds and it has been years and they are going strong.

Take care and update us when you have the time.

Maryanne

Well you sure came to the right place for support! I know how hard this must be for you, I wasn't the main caregiver for my Dad who had NSCLC but my Mom was and I know it's alot of work. You need to stay strong and positive for your Husband but don't forget to take care of yourself too.. And don't forget if you ever need to vent there will be someone here for you all the time..

Michele

Dad DX NSCLC (adenocarcinoma) on 4-1-05

Passed away 11-18-05 at age 66 :cry::cry:

Welcome Jazz!

You sure have been in a tailspin for a bit now, huh? I am sorry about that, I truly am. I am a Stage lllA OR B.....differences in opinions!!!!! I was on quite a journey myself. Please stick around, post some additional info in your profile (what we all have beneath our names), so we can better help you.

Kasey

Welcome,

Being a primary caregiver is a tough job but it is the most important job...The doctor who diagnosed my Mom told me to be prepared for a roller coaster ride and he was definitely right. So, get your support system ready and try to keep yourself in good health. Hoping for good results on his next scan.

Janet