awake at last

Shirlie

I feel a lot better today. Chemo on Monday. Felt ok on Tuesday. Wed & thurs completely wiped out. It was all I could do to make it from a chair to the sofa to the bed. I have had a lot of pain in my rt hip and leg. I have used a heating pad and tylenol. doesnt seem to help. Last night I took advil. It seems to have helped some. Every once in a while I get a sharp shooting pain in my ear. It goes away after a little while but it sure hurts while its there. It seems like the chemo finds your weak spots and attacks them.

Hi Shirlie.

The worst part is over now.. whew! You will begin to feel a bit better everyday now.

I am wondering about that ear pain, though. I can't remember if that was one of mine or not. I kind of remember that loss of hearing could be from one of the chemos used to treat lc. I think maybe the taxol. I will look it up.

Calling on the group for help for Shirlie with this. I hope I am not being an alarmist. Is this something that Shirlie needs to talk to her doc about? Is it a symptom of hearing loss or just plain old ear pain.

Sorry if I have alarmed you, Shirlie. We need to help advocate for you though.

Cindi o'h

I'd mention the ear pain to the doctor. Mom has had some hearing loss (minor) from taxol, but she never said anything about sharp shooting pains. Seems like sharp shooting pains of any sort deserve a doc. review -- could be fluid buildup behind the eardrum, etc. Mom's treatment pain has been described by her as constant dull ache variety rather than sudden, sharp, intermittent pain.

Hope this helps,

Linda

Sending a Big Fuzzy blanket out of the dryer for comfort. Th ewill be good and bad days as long as there is a day. :wink:

Sending a Big Fuzzy blanket out of the dryer for comfort. Th ewill be good and bad days as long as there is a day. :wink:

Shirlie,

Tell your doctor of the pain in the ear. And ask for something stronger for the bone pain. You shouldn't have to be in pain. I wasn't on your chemo, but my doctor had me call with any problems and he would get a prescription to the local drug store.

Hope you start to feel better!

Mary

Is the pain in your leg worse if you walk or step? I always worry about blood clots especially with lung cancer. Hope you are doing better.

Donna G

Shirlie: the ear pain does not sound right. Talk to youronc about it. You could call the on call onc.

I remember I had some aches and pains, but especially some awful charley horse cramps at night time. i took potassium for the cramps and they went away. Be sure to drink lots of water because I have bee told ithelps reduce joint pain and gives your kidneys a break.

Don M

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Shirlie, I didnt have pain from chemo, but I had to take injections to raise my white blood and red blood cells. That's when I had "bone pain". When the nurse gave me injection she said you might have a little pain. Man, about 5 AM i thought my back was breaking and took pain pills, it was gone in about 5 min. I told the nurse I'm glad she told me about the pain so I knew what to expect. She said "did you take some Aleve?" I said "Hell no, I took the heavy duty stuff (I have RX for Norco). I do not see any reason to try and be brave and stand the pain.

I had a bad earache just once but figured since there are ear bones, it must be bone pain, took my pills and not bothered since. Most of the time the bone pain started in the small of my back spine, went around the ribs and continued on the sternum. It felt like a crushing pain, but the pain pills took care of it.

Good luck, friend, and I will throw in a warm fuzzy blanket for you too :wink: