Getting to Know You - June 27

Ann

I head straight for the Ambien bottle. I have found when I can't sleep and start thinking about it, I am awake all night. I seem to get in a panic when I begin to think about how many hours it is until I have to head out the door for work. Then, I worry about how I'll be able to stay awake all day without sny sleep. Then...I start clock watching. So, Ambien is my salvation on those sleepless nights!

I've tried everything but ambien. That's next. I actually tried counting sheep. Then moved on to counting (in German) rottweilers. Listing things alphabetically. Getting up and reading. Just tossing and turning. Whatever, I can't get to sleep until about 2 or 3. I get up at 8:30, have a cup of coffee and breakfast and then am asleep on the family room sofa for a couple hours. Obviously, part of the problem is sleeping during the day, but I just can't stay awake.

Muriel

I started working nights at a restaurant/bar when I was 18, and I would often not even leave work until 2:00 am. Ever since then, I've never been able to sleep well at night! I think I am the world's biggest insomniac :wink:

When I wake in the night (which is almost every night), I'll read, watch TV, snack, etc. until I go back to sleep.

I have bouts of bad sleeping. Usually I just lie there, tossing and turning, but sometimes I'll get up and go on the computer.

I heard something once that if you lie awake for more than 15 minutes, you need to get up and do housework or something, because your not going back to sleep right away anyway. At least, not without prescription help.