Another Bump In The Road

Mom (apparently) had been holding out on us about some symptoms she'd been having. (Big surprise there :shock: )

She's having herself a little stay in the hospital because of blood clots in the arteries in both lungs and one in her left leg for good measure! LOL

She went in Monday afternoon with alot of bit*hing and moaning about not wanting to and her Dr. says she'll be there a couple days more until they know they have her in the clear. After the ruptured vessel in her eye after the last time through anticoagulation therapy they're being extremely careful.

I've had my ups and downs about it...it terrifies me every time she goes in with PE and I suppose it should. The dr has told her before that each time she throws clots she's got a 50/50 shot of it killing her. But I'm trying to keep the "what if's" at bay and keep trucking along. So much going on right now that I don't have time to be around here like I'd like to be. Know you all are always in my thoughts and prayers.

xoxo

Sending Prayers from Under the Carolina Blue Skies and check in and let us know how things are whenever you Know.

Those darn Moms! :wink:

Mine used to be notorious about not letting us know when she was sick (non-cancer stuff) for fear of being put in the hospital. When we lived in MN she came for a visit, and we actually took her straight from the airport to the hospital--bc she hadn't told us how sick she was getting, and she crashed on the plane.

The good news is, she has gotten better about being more proactive, and speaking up BEFORE she gets to that point.

I hope your mom is home soon, and that she's much better. You will both be in my prayers!

:) Kelly

Missy,

Alan's favorite line "I'm Fine" Drives me up the wall

sometimes. Ok so it may have to do with the last time

the Dr.put him in the hospital. Told him it would be

for a couple of days. 31 days later he came home :?

I hope all goes well with your Mom and they can get

the clots under control

Missy,

Your mom probably feels like she lives at the hospital, I know that's how I feel with my husband sometimes. My mom has this knack of taking care of others before herself, (and she's a nurse!)...so it's lots of pushing to get her to take care of herself. I hope your mom will feel better soon. Plus I can totally relate to you, everytime something new or different happens, it pains me so much to not know the outcome...

Grace

Missy...I'm remembering you and your Mom in my prayers. Just know that Mom's often don't want their children to worry about them, so they keep quiet, thinking the problem will maybe go away. Hope your Mom has a short hospital stay and is back home really soon.