Katie and Rick

Rick

Just to reassure eveyone that just because of our latest developments, we are here to stay and so is the site!! Everyone here is family to us and we love you all. I have had several emails asking this question and want to make it known that as long as there is a need for this site, it will be here. I wish with all my heart, there was no need for this site, but until then, it is here!!!!

We love you

Thanks Rick.

But it's you and Katie who are like family here. You're like brother and sister to all of us on the board. I don't know of anywhere else you can get to know someone so intimately as we do through our posts, yet not really "know them" in person. Connie phoned me this morning and we talked and laughed for quite some time as if we had known each other since childhood. When Jessee passed away it affected me more than I thought it would - I still have his name on my handlebars - he gave me so much strength, and continues to do so. What I'm trying to say is because of you and Katie we have this very powerful medium to connect to people, and communicate with them on a very deep, personal level that would not have been possible without you creating and maintaining this site.

THANK YOU RICK, KATIE, AND JESSEE!

I agree with Dave. Once a loved one passes, it doesn't mean the fight is over. It has been almost a year since my father passed, and I still come here and feel/ache with the people here and feel everyone is my friend/comadre. Thanks Rick and Katie, you are very special. Mirrell

p.s. my heart broke all over again when i read Katies post, because I knew she and you were fighting as I had fought before.

Dear Katie & Rick

Thank God for both of you. I don't know what I would do without this board, it has been such a comfort to me since my diagnosis 7 months ago, you have both earned a special place in heaven for your kindness and caring about all of us. I feel like I know so many of you personally, even better than I know some of my friends I see all the time. I took it really bad when Jesse died, I was so sad, even my family was sad, they also felt like they knew him and you and Katie. It is truly amazing how people can touch your lives even though you have never actually seen them or talked to them. Thanks for all you are both doing for us

Bess B

Leave it to Rick to post a picture of a kid not his own! LOL!

As everyone else has said - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the work you've done on this site, and all of Katie's inspiring posts that keep the rest of us plodding along.

God, when I think of all the tears of terror I shed before I found this site, it almost makes me start crying again!

Hugs and prayers (and pass one of those hugs on to Katie),

SandyS

> Leave it to Rick to post a picture of a kid not his own!

Well, he is NOT mine! I swear I was out of town that day and I never had anything but sisterly feelings towards his father! :P

Thanks Rick and Katie. This is a wonderful site and we are all glad to be here with you, even if the reason for our being here is stinko.

:D:) Glad Rick and Katie are here to stay. This is a wonderful site. I am a newbie and have found this site to be very helpful. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone!

EileenM

DX:NSCLC on July 23, 2003

Stage 1A T1 N0 M0

l.x x 1l5 cm pulmonary nodule in right upper lobe

Upper right lobectomy

Bronchioalveolar Carcinoma (BAC)

Lifelong NonSmoker

Begin Catscan follow-ups in November 2003

Rick and Katie:

I never had any doubts that you were going to stay. You put this site together and invested much time and effort to insure that it runs smoothly. Good to hear it form you then to sit back and speculate, then I would be a news reporter :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: