A Daughter's Gift

Don Wood

Well, am I a lucky guy or what? My daughter called me a week ago and asked me if I had plans for this Sunday afternoon. I said I didn't. She said, "Well, now you do! My Christmas present to you is to take you on a surprise for the afternoon." Well, I was thrilled that we would be doing something together and pleased that she was getting into the Christmas spirit with her gift. And I was going to get a surprise!

Well, she took me downtown to a Christmas concert by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra! The music was fantastic (a blend of orchestra and rock and roll) and the light show was fantastic as well. We both had a good time. And then I treated her to dinner on the way home. It HAS been a good day. Am I blessed or what? Don

Don, you absolutely are a blessed man. I am so pleased you enjoyed your surprise. How wonderful that you and your daughter have caught a bit of the Christmas spirit in light of the circumstandes. May your blessings continue to multiply as Christmas approaches.

Love,

Kasey

Yes, Don, you are very blessed and we are likewise blessed to have you here with us. What a wonderful gift your daughter gave you. There is no gift quite as special for a parent as spending time with their children. You know, I'll just bet Lucie was there with the two of you, enjoying the music and beautiful lights!

Don,

You sure are a lucky guy, but I bet your daughter feels equally as lucky to have a great dad like you!

What a great surprise that must have been for you. I am so glad the two of you had a wonderful afternoon together.

Don, you are blessed, but I think so many have been blessed to know you. I hope your holidays are filled with wonderful family memories.

Diane

• 3 weeks later...

Don, thank you so much for continuing to post, You are deeply appreciated and I think of you and Lucy as an example to fight this disease. Trans Siberian music CDs are one of our favorite Christmas presentations. Your daughter is a sweetie. continuing in prayer for you. pammie