Siser's love

Baillor

My sister's daughter-in-law told me about this site. My oldest sister found out she has SCLC this past summer. Looking and finding sites like this has helped me greatly, hopefully I can help her. I look forward to exploring here, listening to like minded people.

Hello and welcome here.

Sorry to hear about your sister. I know how scared you must be.

Can you please tell us more about her diagnogis so we can help you through this.

If you can please post a profile that will appear on the bottom of your posts so we can understand more about your sister's diagnosis and treatments.

Maryanne :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Maryanne, as you can see my sister has allowed me to post her info. It is not as detailed as some, but it gives you an idea to where she is at. How did you deal with the fatigue? It's only been a short while since this journey started. Our biggest heartache is that our family lives in Jersey, she's in florida. We take turns traveling back and her coming back north is in the works. But uprooting one's life isn't easy. :( patience is a virtue that is hard lived. Thanks for the ear. Lori

Thanks for posting that Baillor. Do you happen to know what kind of LC.... non small cell or small cell. There is a difference. If it is non small cell what is her stage?

I wish her luck on her CT. Scan. Fingers crossed here for good results. Please let us know when she receives it.

Where in Jersey do you live? Is you sister in Jersey also?

Maryanne

Hi Maryanne, My sister has small cell. Both her lungs are effected, she had a tumor the size of a golf ball in the right shoulder area but that is GONE :D I live in Carteret, Woodbridge area(everyone knows Woodbridge Center) My sister lives in Florida. :( That is our (meaning my grown nephews and my own siblings) bane. Her plans are to come back north. She is feeling so much better since I was last here in Nov. My nephews, their wives, my sister-in-law and myself all have been traveling back and forth to her home since this began. We find out tomorrow Jan. 26 what the results are. Yesterday her doctor was so happy with her blood work. She didn't need procret? forgive my spelling. The med that brings up the red cells. In fact no blood thinner for three days either.:P Yesterday was very long and draining. Today my brother-in-law had to make her sit down! She cooked dinner and fatigue was starting. I just know the results are going to show VAST improvement. Thanks so much for the god will. This site is fantastic :D

I have a feeling you are going to get a good report. I am so glad her strength is coming back. She is starting to feel like her old self again and that is all that counts. I am sure you are relieved that she is feeling better.

Keep us posted on her results. Again everything crossed here that she will get good news.

Hang in there,

Maryanne :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

My brother was also diagnosed with sclc the end of October. Things have been going really fast. It is stage 4, we have done Chemo, Radiation and are now ready for Hospice. Our Mother died 15 years ago and my Fater 5 years ago. So this has been extreamly hard watching my brother decline daily knowing that we are going to lose him and thier is no hope.

I hope your sister is well and her treatments are going well for her. There is nothing like the love of a sibling. I feel for you and will think of you both.