We have GOT the appointment!

kimblanchard

After my cell phone messed up and didn't ring yesterday, I found out last night that I had a voice message to call Mayo. I had to wait til this morning to call. :x

Then when I called at 8:01 am (they open at 8:00 am! :lol: ) - their computers were down!

Finally got through and got the appointment at about 10:15 today!

We have to check in at Mayo on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 at 6:45 am.

A little early for this night owl...but we will go over on Monday and check into the motel. :wink:

I am so excited...and bless Mike's heart....He has been so "chipper", full of energy and talking, smiling and laughing SO MUCH more. I don't think either of us realized how much Dr. Doom and Gloom (Forever to be called Dr D&G by me) effected his spirits.

Now - to wait until next week....hurry up and wait...hurry up and wait....I feel like I'm in the Army :shock: ....guess I should...we ARE fighting a very personal war. :?

Hi Shannon and Mike.

Way to go Shannon!! This sure sounds HOPEFUL to me!!! I'm so happy for you both!!! Make sure you give a wave toward Northern Minnesota when you pass through, and I'll wave back to you both!! I'll also give the thumbs up as you pass through!!! :):wink:

Wishing you both wonderful results!!!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Guest Tim'sKathy

shannon & Mike :

That is such great news ! Never ever give up ! Shannon..could you send some of your optimism my way ??? You are right..this is a war !

Connie...

Do you live anywhere near Duluth?

Kathy

Shannon and Mike -

Congratulations on moving forward!

You may be holed up there for a while.........do you have anyone here's phone number to keep them updated so they can let the rest of us know Mike's progress?

Best of luck and many prayers go with you!

SandyS

Shannon, I am so happy that you got the appointment so fast. Man, I'd hate to be those poor cancer cells, with you and Mike and the Mayo going after them- :twisted: "I pitty the fools", they don't stand a chance!!!! Keep us posted, I'll e-mail you my address, maybe a couple of us can be a sort of "tag team" for your news reports, like if someones not home. Safety in numbers and all. Continue to take care Deb

Shannon & Mike, I'm grinning from ear to ear. All news today will continue to be great!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm so glad you made this move. Noone deserves bad doctors. The problem is discovering them in time!!! I fired my 1st radiation-oncologist and I firmly believe that my new rad-onc saved my life!!! :lol: for the good doctors and :evil: boo hiss to the bad ones.

Sending positive vibes to wherever you happen to be!! JudyB

What a wonderful way to start the spring!

But wait---you guys getting any spring sunshine yet?

Buy yourself some beautiful flowers. When I switched oncologists I knew immediately it was the right move. We know our gut.

You are an example of why we don't give up.