JudyB hates Septembers and Octobers

JudyB

Well, All. Here's what is going on here: First of all neurosurgery reallySUCKS. I honestly think this surgery was worse than the lobectomy. Probably because of all of the extreme pain. (Wish pain killers worked for me. . .)

I had a squamous tumor removed from my spinal cord. It had eaten down the 1st 2 thoracic vertebrae and filled the spinal cord. The surgeons used "mud" to re-make them, fused them, then used titanium posts and supports to make sure all would stay put. But with all that stuff in there, scans will be virtually useless for seeing anything.

I meet with my radiation oncologist (my hero) Monday morning, so will now more then. I have the PET scan which was done last Mon. No mets showed up. My brain MRI showed nothing there. I had one of my MRIs done under so much dilaudin (sp?) that I didn't even know it was being done. I think I was taken by ambulances 3 times to hospitals!!!

My hospital where my insurance covers and where I had my 1st surgery, said they wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole!! I told Steph that I had a chance of being a parapalegic from this, but it would be my legs that would be affected and she said, "Good thing! It's not that you even care about running and walking!" We had a good laugh with that! But, the papers one has to sign regarding all the dire possibilities of this type of surgery----really scary!!!!!

But, of course, it was as successful as possible. They thought they might have to go back in the next day to build out a support (skicking out my back---yuck) They also thought they might have to lock my head in a support thingy. Always hated my little pin-head, now I find out what a good thing to have!

So, more good than bad throughout this new little bump. I'll probably be kinda loopy from percocet for a month or more, but few will notice. My endurance sucks big time. But both my therapists warned me about pushing too much. So, I'll sit here in my new recliner watching baaaaaadd daytime TV and taking naps. What a life!

I will definitely be getting radiation. And, later on, chemo. Can do those standing on my head.

So, thanks to all of you and all of your prayers, I WILL be here for quite a while. God, you are all so wonderful!!!!!!

JudyB

PS. Just a note on the daughter Steph on her travelin suitcase: This is a girl that will pack up and go anywhere in a NY minute. She has gone and worked in Australia, Milan, Florida, New York, Phoenix, Las Vegas (and I've probably forgotten even more!) This from a mother that hates to even leave her house for more than an hour and a half!)

Will post new pix Cris scanned of me & John when I'm on the other computers!

Isnt it great Judy B posting again, now you have to deal with the two of us together! :lol:

I for one love Sept and Oct, because it means evil summer is over and nice cold weather is on it's way. !

But I Guess if I had surgey and chemo going on, I wouldn't like these months as much.

So Mom is doing well as you can see.

anyhow, my picture is until I get my butt to kinkos to scan the one of mom and me to the right size. :)

Wow Judy - you just can't do anything small time, can ya?

Glad to hear it's all looking good so far - and I hope some of those drugs (or time) start to make a different in the pain.

In the meantime, be careful - those daytime shows can really rot your brain!

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

So good to have you back! Let's keep this darn thing on the run now. However, I know you could but as a physician, with your recent surgery, I wouldn't advise doing chemo or radiation while standing on your head unless there is no other possible position. Although it would be a site to see.

And speaking of sites to see, I'd pay good money to see David in a cheerleading outfit.

God bless

Sam

Poor David....short enough skirt and he'll have to wax!

Good to see Steph's mom online again - I'm sure Steph is feeling MUCH better emotionally! :wink:

I like September/October....I can BREATHE again! AND there's that "birthday" thing! Just last year, I was SOOOO depressed on my birthday thinking of how I was getting OLD... My, how things can change in a year!! I told my family that from now on, birthdays were something to be CELEBRATED and that the older I got, the better it was (I have to prove a New Orleans palm reader right and live to 97!)...

Glad to see you back, Vagabond Steph is great fun, keep the healin' goin'!

Becky

aka Snowflake

I am thinking about David in as a cheerleader.. Oh la la! "Com' 'ere Baby..I gots some candy for you!"

Judy, you are a fighter! Thats a TON to go through! Keep that humour..and I am jealous of all the "synthetic relaxation" you get to have! :wink: Dilaudid...they gave my 1 shot of that when my chest tube was rubbing against my rib! I didn't care if it rubbed through a rib and re inserted itself somewhere else after that! :oops:

Glad you are back posting, your humour is wacked! I like it!

Hey Jude;

So very glad your back on and feeling better, :):) , missed ya, :(

That neurosurgery really does suck, scary stuff, but looks like somebodies watching over you. I see your sense of humor's just fine and pretty soon I bet your be cooking up them fancy meals again. Until then, take it easy, do what the doc. says and get plenty of rest.

Again, so happy your back with us.

God bless ya

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

I don't know who she was, she was in the back room of a voodoo shop on Bourbon Street....quite a ways down from the Jazz Funeral (I LOVED that shop - the hearse full of beads and the Zydeco!). She was pretty darn close to home on all the nuances of personality traits (strong-willed, lots of friends, etc.). She told me my son had an "old soul" and counted out 32 past lives for ME...told me I had been with my spouse before (BUT, I could have been a dandy and he a harlot :oops: , I could have been a king and he a jester :wink:, I could have been his child or parent...) It was great fun...and she said I had a long life line and would live to be 97. If she's not right, I'm going down to get my money back! (Hell, plan on going back just for the party atmosphere!)

Glad you are out and flying high! (Do you have an honorary pilot's license??)

Take care!

Becky

aka Snowflake

Mom, don't listen to Sandy, Daytime television RULES! and now that I won't be able to watch, you must watch Days, General Hospital and tell me what is happening*hahhahaah* that would be too cruel, cancer and forced to watch SOAPS< but I tell you, they ain't so bad.

So glad you are back on the boards!! Everyone missed you.

PS to everyone else, Mom and I live 500 miles apart, so that is why I post to her. :wink: