Getting to Know You - March 27

Ann

Each one of us have something special we would love for others to see. What is really neat in your area?? (Parks, camps, food, shopping, animals, historical, etc.)

I would love for each and every one of you to be here with me to experience a live launch of the space shuttle from the Kennedy Space Center. It's truly an amazing feeling to feel and hear the ground rumble as that huge bird takes flight.

HMMm...this is a tough one, as I LOVE where I live. I would love for you all to see Mount Rushmore, of course, but because if you ever come to South Dakota, you probably will see that, I will choose something different. We have what is called Harney Peak...it too is in the Black Hills. It is about a 3 mile hike to the top, but oh so worth it. You can see the entire black hills atop this fire lookout. Structurally it is all in place, with little restoration from its original days. I climbed this in college, on my honeymoon, and a few times since. Great treking and great views.

Jen

Many neat mountain/valley scenes in VT but my favorite is the drive south from Burlington on Rte 7.

As you approach Charlotte the view is spectacular, the Green Mountains on your left, Lake Champlain and the Adirondaks on your right and straight ahead the lake and the mountains always seem to have a haze softening the view.

This is always an eye catcher for me regardless of the season, looks equally good winter or summer. Don't look for this going north....it's just not the same!

Geri

Mount Airy, the birthplace of Andy Griffith is also known as "Mayberry" (I'm not kidding)!! Wonderful little town which looks just like the 50s T.V. show, complete with Floyd's Barber Shop. And WOW..These Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains!

Gee i live in Kansas and out here in Western Kansas where you can actually stand a on high spot and see for mile's and actually count the number of tree's on your finger's that you can see. Of course i'm not talking around stream's but open Prairie....

The Columbia River Gorge national scenic area. Driving the scenic highway you pass countless waterfalls, tiny to huge. The highest is Multnomah Falls, 500 feet high. You can see the dramatic change in topography and climate as you pass over the Cascade range into central Oregon high desert. Spectacular!

Well, if ever you decide to visit Iowa (I'm not sure people INTEND to visit Iowa ever! LOL) you can stop by the town where I live and get to see John Wayne's birthplace AND the famous Bridges of Madison County (Yup, where the movie was filmed and the bridges that inspired the story!!) I live about 5 miles from one of the bridges, actually! LOL