PET scan results

spicysashimi

Ughhhhhh. I am so sorry about this. You should get some sleep and get ready for the next line of attack on Monday. If it is any concollation Tarceva did not work for many many people (they had progression while on it) but second lines of chemo worked very well. Is there a chance they could radiate that sucker in the lungs ?

Well, shoot. I'm so sorry about the bad news. I can't believe it - I thought for sure the Avastin would hold you for a while. I'm sorry if I'm weirdly personally invested in this, it's just that your diagnosis is so similar to mine.

I just found this other vaccine that looks good. Not Stimuvax, that's discriminating against us stage 4's. This is called Lucanix. It just finished phase 2 trials and the results didn't look too bad. The website is www.novarx.com. It says Phase 3 trials starting in 2007. Maybe you could check into that.

Other than that, I'm sure your docs will have some good ideas. You're still working-out, working, taking care of yourself, etc. There's got to be a treatment.

Hope Julia gets back soon. Try to distract yourself till Monday if possible. Take care.

Raney

((((Aaron)))) It hurt so bad to read this. I had to stop and pray for you before I could answer. I know this must be very frightening news, but you will keep on fighting. You have more guts then most folks I've met. I really enjoy reading "wheresmyp53". I check everyday to get a personal update from you. I hope Julia gets back from Mexico soon and I will pray for her safe return. Please take care of yourself. I wish I had some really wonderful words to share with you to make you feel better. But I don't. Praying for strength, courage, peace and healing for you. Hugs, Liz

Aaron,

This sucks eggs. Getting less than stellar scans really knocks the snot out of you emotionally. Sorry your girl is away. We are all here for you. Feel free to post, pm, or whatever. I felt so bad, hubby and I had to hug after reading your post.

Hubby had a lot of progression while on a break and on Tarceva. His new treatment is working. There is still a lot of treatments out there for you and DON'T you forget it! (Putting my best Mom/caretaker voice on.)

Hang in there honey, there is a plan for you that will work again. Take some deep breaths and try to relax. (Ativan is good!)

Welthy

Aaron,

I won't be sorry; in my mind, you are a brave fighter, and you simply must keep fighting. I have faith in you.

You keep at it - it has been so darn hard for you, so unfair at your age, but I have faith that you will move on to the next option, and ultimately win. Here's a big hug ((()))) - now go back at it! I am rooting for you!

Aaron,

You are such a fighter and this is just a little bump in the road. Keep the faith and keep hoping. There are alot of good treatments out there. I'm praying that you will find a very successful one...

God Bless!!

Jamie

Oh Aaron,

This truly sucks! I am so sorry to hear this news. Please hang in there and keep fighting. I honestly believe that your mental status is a large part of overcoming disease. Talk with your oncologist and move on to the next line of treatment with the mental resolve that you can and will beat this. I continue to pray for your success!

God Bless,

Sharon

Arron,

I am so sorry to hear about the progression. I was wondering why they discontinued the Cisplatin/Docetaxel, or did they. You had a 40% reduction. When I started my chemo I had Carboplatin/Taxol along with the Tarceva. After two months I showed good shrinkage. They continued the Carboplatin/Taxol till I was in remission. They left me taking Tarceva 100mg, which I still take. I often think what I would do if things seemed that they were not going well. I have been to MSK. I had my second opinion there and was happy with them. I now think that I would go to M.D. Anderson in Houston. They really seem to do some new methods of beating this disease. It wouldn’t hurt to give them a call. I will keep you in prayer.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie