My best friend-my mom

speech570

I only started writting here a few weeks ago but found being here some comfort. I am new and my mom's lung cancer was found on January 29th. That was the day my father had emergency surgery and then passed away in the hospital on hospice (gangrene in 30 ft of his intenstine). My mom's fight was a hard one-but not long in time. It sure was long for us because we did not want to see her suffer. My heart is honestly broke. I took her to the hospital at 2 am on Monday morning. We had hospice at my home but mom wanted to go to the hospital. I really do not think she wanted to die here with her three grandchildren. She was so very close to us. I can't even put into words the relationship my three children had with their nana. My mom was unconscious for most of her time in the hospital. On Tuesday morning she opened her eyes and looked right at me. I said to her "Mom, your eyes are open and you are looking at me." She took a deep breath and passed on. My best friend is gone. I can't tell you what it is like. No one knows this until they go through it themselves. Losing my dad on Feb 23rd and my mom on May 22 is one of the hardest things I will ever go through. I know we will be all right-by the grace of GOd-but it sure hurts. I loved my mom more than anyone will ever understand. Her life was not easy...but I am glad she did not really suffer long and that only I was there. It meant something to me that she looked at me and I was there for her til the end. I wish you all the best-those who have hope and those who have uncertainty. God will be there for you...I pray for all of you. Thank you for sharing this special place with me.

Lisa

Oh Lisa

I am so sorry for all you have gone thru in such a short amount of time. I am glad that you were able to be there for your mom and I am sure she knows you were there. Continue to come here to talk,vent,rant or rave or whatever you need. There are so many (too many) of us who totally understand the pain you are feeling. Be gentle to yourself as this greif process continues for you. You are in my prayers and thoughts today.

I'm so sorry for what you've went through. I don't understand it (yet) as I still have my mom and dad, but I do understand that relationship between your kids and your parents ... mine have that too, and I'm already dreading losing either parent even more for their sake than mine.

God Bless you and your family.

What a heartbreaking story, Lisa.......losing dad in February and now mom. I'm sending many condolences to you. I wanted to respond to one of your earlier posts ~ I am from PA and like to welcome fellow Pennsylvanians. Somehow your posts slipped by me. So I am sorry that THIS is the one I am responding to.

I have no concept of your grief, Lisa, just want you to know that there is a Grief forum here and it may be helpful to post there. Many of our members may have words of comfort.

(((Lisa))),

Kasey

Lisa,

May you find comfort knowing that you were there to share the special journey with your Mom and that both your parents are in a very special place watching over you and your children.

The grieving forum is a good place to let out feelings and share with others what you are going through.

I hope you continue to stay with us here.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

I have such great sympathy for you right now, as I walked your walk just last year.

I, too, lost both of my parents within 13 weeks of one another. The feeling of loss and sense of being without both of my life guides is indescribable.

You have much ahead of you. Do not hesitate to return here for support.

My best to you and your family.

~Karen

I am so sorry, You and your family are in my prayers.

I lost my Dad in a motorcycle accident 3 1/2 years ago and my mom just a year ago. So many here know your pain, I hoe you stick with us and talk about your angels.