One Very Small Brain Met

Well my Mom called @ 7am this morning to let me know they "found" something on her brain mri. The Dr Said it is "minute" and only one spot. I know people on here have had brain mets and are still here and doing ok. Any positive stories with brain mets please let me know. I need to give her all the hope that I can and this is the place I get it from.

Dar

Mom had gamma knife to get rid of her small brain met. It was an amazingly simple procedure, all things considering. We left the hopsital and stopped for breakfast on the way home.

I know this sounds very scary, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. Prayers for you, your mom, and her doctors this week.

:) Kelly

Dar, something the radio oncologist said to me when I asked about Cyber knife or the like, he said, depending on what machine the hospital has, typically that is what they offer you.

I only say this because I would hope that would be an option, but if you went to your hospital and they wanted to do WBR, I would ask why not a more targetted therapy and do they have the machine?

WBR is kind of a one shot deal, so if you can do a gamma knife or cyber knife it leaves more options open later.

Gail-We are in Riverton NJ-Going to Univ of Penn.

Where are you?

Dar

DChurchi-Thank you-I have to believe she will be beat it - that's the only way we get through each day-as you know..

Thanks

Dar

My Mom is getting WBR done starting Thursday-They said if that doesn't take care of it they will go with the Gamma Knife. He said they want to keep to the original plan and do the WBR that way they can get any other "floaters"

Thanks everyone-and to Flowergirlie-I want you

to know I think of you and your family often. Amazing how we never met but are all connected-unfortunately.....

Take Care

Dar

Gail-We take the kids there all the time!!! We have probably seen each other around town-I mostly frequent Target-way to much !! ha ha

I'll be in touch

Dar

I wasn't sure what Karen meant either, so I left it alone. BUT, since last night I know how to answer it..at least in my opinion.

I think you offer help to others because that is simply what we are supposed to do. We do not have to do it and we should not expect anything in return if we do offer help. It is just the right thing to do.

Like I said, Just my opinion.

Thanks Bobby-I was a bit confused myself. I'm not sure if she expected a direct response but I did Thank Everyone for replying. I live my life like this-don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. You help people out, give,share,love, listen, advise out of the goodness of your heart only. Expect nothing in return and you won't be disappointed in people. Do it for yourself as well as others.

Dar

We went to Dr-the lesion is 9mm-says it's small in the grand scheme of things. Starts WBR Monday. Says that should knock it out.

My Mom's outlook is positive-just a setback.

She is doing better with her esophagus but feels like a lump is in her throat now. Definitely better with eating-has the pain patch on and morphine.

Positive Thoughts of Hope, Strength and Peace

to Everyone dealing with this horrible disease.

Dar

What I meant was, I am not a doctor and I try and share my experiences with others... All I want is for everyone to get the best and leading edge treatment available. No harm to others, but you also have to be a good advocate. Research is so very, very important. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Each person makes their own decisions, but not without research. Would you buy a new car, house or major purchase without researching it first?

Not looking for special treatment or thanks.Ony want others to find as much info. that you can. This is one of the key elements, just don't accept all that doctors tell you, it's still business...but it's you or your loved ones life...

Sending prayers and blessings for

you andyour family,

I love you all,

survivor since March 2003

two brain surgeries and cyberknife

now @ Stanford getting cyberknife to the spine3mm x 7mm @ C1 top of spine/neck

Karen

No problem-I just wasn't sure what it meant.

Unfortunately with Small Cell if it goes to the brain then there are most likely more floaters up there. They are going to do the WBR to get those floaters and then there is always the possibility of

Gamma Knife later.

Take Care

Dar