Hello

Leela

Hello. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. My mom was diagnosed in April with NSCLC squamous cell - we were not told what stage - but it was described as quite extensive. She has always been so healthy, even though she was a smoker. I think I remember 3x total when we were growing up that she was ever sick. So this has all been such a shock. Her spirits are pretty good considering all she's been through in the past few months. "It is what it is" and "one day at a time" are her mantras. This site has given me hope and I'm so grateful I found it.

Leela,

Welcome to the site. Your mom’s cancer is very treatable. If it has not spread to the lymph node or somewhere else, there may be a chance to operate later if the tumor shrinks enough. It already has shrunk a lot. Keep us posted.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Hi Leela,

I was reading your moms profile and it looks like they are doing the righ treatments and she is responding very well to them.

Keep us posted on how her progress is coming along.

Always remember we are always here for you.

Thanks for coming out of the shadows and joining us!

Maryanne :wink:

Welcome Leela,

Please do not hesitate to ask questions. A lot of folks here have gone through similar regimes and could share their experiences with you. For me, it was a big help knowing others had already been down this road and told me what to watch out for. I will pray that the doctors are able to help your mom with her SOB.

Hi Leela sorry to be so late with my welcome but it is so hot here in Oklahoma that it takes all my energy to just turn on the computer. LOL .... actually I have been to lazy and will admit even though the PGA is in my backyard I watch it from my air conditioned house. I hope things continue to go well with your moms treatment and they find the reason for her SOB. Let us know.