We Lost The Fight

VegasMomOf3

Hi Donna,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I wrote very similar words about a month ago when I lost my mom. I know the feeling of relief because she is no longer suffering but also the sadness and longing to have her with you. I can relate to the concern about your dad. My dad is really lost without my mom. They were married for nearly 31 years. My mom did everything for my dad. She loved to take care of him. I think it has definately helped my dad to talk about mom and to have us kids continue talking about her. It is certainly an adjustment period for everyone and I pray for strength for you and your family during this heartbreaking and difficult time.

Jill

Donna,

I am so, so sorry. I just responded to your other post and then saw this post. I am just sitting here weeping as I feel, down to my soul, your loss. I hope you find strength in your healing. I know this is difficult for you & your dad...my grandfather lost my grandmother in 2005. They had been friends since she was 5yrs and he was 10yrs. They began dating in college and were married 65 years. He's 94 now...and just stays as busy as he can to get through.

Right now no one can imagine moving on. But time will be the only thing that helps you heal. And of course your love for one another. Again, my heart goes out to you and your dad and your family.

Oh Donna I am so sorry you for the loss of your mom. I know the hurt you are going through. Moms are special and it isn't fair for them to leave us.

I know I don't have to tell you this as I know you will, but just be there for your dad. Make sure you are always a part of his life.

I am so sorry for your grief and especially your dads

Maryanbe