We Lost The Fight

VegasMomOf3

Hello everyone,

Today at 8:12am my Mom passed on. She was sedated & comfortable and is now in a better place with no pain or shortness of breath. This surely proves to be a double edged sword..........want her here vs. want her at peace. Hospice was amazing. My Dad is in shock....he says that it just doesn't seem real. I agree. I keep walking back to her bedroom expecting to see her in bed. How is it anyone can come to terms or even begin to accept losing a person who has been a constant fixture since the day I was born?? Mom & Dad were married 48 years (since age 16 & 17) so I hurt for my Dad. I just don't know what to tell him when he asks how to move on.

Donna

One foot in front of the other Breathe in and Breathe out. I did not have that many years but I had 10 Quality years. My deepest sympathies and thoughts and Prayers tonite for everyone. Cry whenever you want and don't let anyone tell you how to be or feel. Let me know If I can help.

Hello Donna, I have been following your story and I want you to know that I am crying right along with you on the loss of your mom. She is in a better place, but it still does not take away the void and loss that they leave behind. I am so sorry for your loss. Moms are so special because they have been with you since day one and know you better than you know yourself. My mom's health has steadily declined and I am will soon be where you are now and it scares the c--- out of me. If I can help, please let me know. Big hugs!

(((Donna))),

I am so very sorry for your loss. It won't be easy for your Dad or any of your family, but as I was told when I lost my husband of 36 years, "the only way out is through". I guess that applies to all of us and there is no way around it ( so many times I wished there was), but one day at a time we make it. You and your family have my sincere condolences.

Love,

Sue

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. New to the grieving process myself, I know I am still experiencing that odd numbness that it just can't be real. Nothing can prepare us for losing our loved ones.

The only thing I can offer to you is that you each need to grieve in your own way. Cry if you want to cry. Sleep if you want to sleep. Talk if you want to talk. And of course I send wishes of peace and healing for you and all the members of your family during this difficult time.

Peace,

Nanci

I am so sorry for your loss. It is true you go through this one step at a time, one day or one hour or 1 minute at a time. I was with my mom in Phoenix when she passed from breast cancer 11 years ago. It does get less painful but oh how I miss her. Dad just needed us to call him and talk to him and let him talk. Maybe that is what will help your dad.

Barbb

Where in Washington did your mom live? I lived there while living with Johnny and caring for him. We lived in Centralia. His Oncologist was Western Washington. Very bad experience wtih them. Just wondering if her's were the same and what kind of treatment she recieved if it was.

I am very sorry for your loss. I know only too well what your dad is going through. There is not much you can do for him. Just let him know that you are there and if he wants to talk, let him. So many people try to avoid talking about a loved on who has passed and often the spouse or partner feel like what little they have left of that person is being taken away too. You and your dad will be in my prayers. I hate that monster of a disease. It robs us of so much :!: