My PET scan & CT experiences and results

Muriel

This has been a terrible two weeks or so. Finally however, I learned that I'm ok. I'm also so angry with the Onc and his office that I'm going to share the whole miserable story with you all.

First, I had a routine PET scan on Oct.3rd (Wed). Expected the Onc to call me on Thurs. with the results.WRONG! Not a word from him until my appt. on Mon. the 8th. (Last time he called the following morning with the results.) He said that something in my R lung lit up, SUV = 2. Recent PETs had shown nothing at all. (The normal range is 4.xx to about 11 or something like that.) Anyway, he wanted me to have a CT to see what was there. Said it would be scheduled for that same week and the he would call me as soon as he got the results. By Tues. I hadn't been called for an appt. (that's the way they do it here), so I called and did manage to get one for Thurs am (the 11th). Had the scan and went home, expecting to hear from the Onc. on Friday morning. No call on Fri., Mon., or Tues. [being in a really bad mood, I decided I'd just wait and see how long it took him to make that "next day" phone call. Wed. at noon (11:50 in fact) I called his office. Explained (with a very nice attitude)that he had said he'd call as soon as he got the results. Well, he was with a patient at that moment. The receptionist told me she'd "tell Amy." No, I don't even know who Amy is. I should have started worrying right then. No call by the end of the day. Today about 1:00pm he called. Apologetic, as always. Said the CT scan didn't show ANYTHING. [Might be something there, but it's too small to show up on a CT.] Several (many?) people have asked if I'm looking for a new Onc. I think so.

Muriel

I am soooo glad you're ok, you had me worried. What a putz. I hope your next oncologist is more organized and considerate. I think the chicken cult needs to re-organize and send that man some chickens-- hellooooo Debi??? We need chickens.

On to a better onc!!!!! Yes I hope that is true. Glad things appear okay, but you need someone more on YOUR side, Muriel. Sorry about your stressful weeks. You gotta let us know when something like that is going on :shock: . We can kick some serious BUTT :twisted: !

Kasey

Muriel,

I'm so sorry you have had to go through all this anxious testing and waiting for results. I hope you can find a doctor who is more sensitive to his patients needs, but I have to say it's not an easy task. My experience is that you have to be aggressive, look out for yourself and communicate your needs to the doctor . If you do all that and then he/she doesn't try, you really need another. Again, I am so sorry for all you have gone through. My prayers are with you.

Sue

Muriel, you had me scared me there for a minute also.

I am so relieved you are alright. All it had to take was one misely little phone call to say that. I csn't believe he was that occupied not to call.

If you want to chnage Onc's that up to you. But if he as been good with your treatments and everythng else maybe you should just give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's entirely up to you.

But soooo relieved you are okay. :D

Maryanne :wink:

I honestly wonder if these people have any idea the stress we all go through waiting for results?

Because if they had any clue, they would call with

results asap. I am very sorry you had to go through

so many days of not knowing your results. Uncalled for and unforgiveable.

Very happy the results were as good as they were.