Scan results

ernrol

I got the results of the latest CT scan on Jan 9th. The results were mixed. The tumor they were radiating has shrunk by 75%, but some new spots showed up in the right lung and a few spots on the liver. The new chemo starts on Jan 16th. It will be Alimta, Gemzar and Avastin. Will have more scans around March to see how it is going. I have seemed to have recovered from the radiation and at about 90% of normal, whatever normal is. The Good Lord is still my chief physician and I put all my trust in him.

If anyone knows anything good about these drugs, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Been wondering what you've been up to eernie, haven't seen you post in a while. So you get the mixed bag of results. never fun. Wishing you the best with your treatments. Hang in there and stay strong. Keep us posted on your progress.

so very good to hear from you but i do wish it had been better news. Glad there is a plan in place right now.. Gemzar is kind of mild for chemo but nit sure about with that combo though. Good Luck and please keep us posted. Great to hear from ya though!

Okay Ernie, here we go again!!!!!! You've got a great plan and I'm feeling very 'positive' that you will soon be in the driver's (pilot's) seat again. Many prayers and good vibes are coming from Fred and me as you begin a new leg of the journey. Best of luck and I know you will be 'staying positive' through it all!!!

Kasey

Hi Ernie: the mixed bag is kind of a bummer but you have had good response so we'll focus on that. In your words Stay Positive. No experience with Gemzar or alimta but Maurice was on Avastin and Tarceva for a year and remained stable. I wish 'stable' for you.

wendyr

You know, I just hate those mixed bags. You're up, you're down. Although I supposed its better than just being down, hmm?

I have been on Avastin with carbo/taxol, and then Avastin alone. I found avastin to be very easy. No fatigue, aches or pains, just some intermittent nose bleeds which were bothersome, but certainly manageable.

I was also on Alimta alone, and I found that fairly easy to tolerate. I was on it all last summer and I found that I had little to no fatigue, and that was it for side effects. I managed two vacations, two waterparks, two theme parks, and weekly trips to the ocean for some sun and fun. I'd say that my quality of life was quite good.

As for Gemzar, I know nothing. I know that it is a possibility should I do another chemo. I have heard that it is mild, along the line of Alimta, but I have no personal experience.

I'm sorry I can't be more help. It always amazes me the cocktail combinations doctors use, and it makes me wonder, should I have tried it? Can't waste time wondering what if.

Good luck to you with this new treatment. I pray that it is easy on you and that is kicks some cancer butt.

Tracy

Ernie,

Sorry you have to go back on chemo. I KNOW you can beat this monster!

Charlie had all 3 of these drugs. The Alimta caused him extreme fatigue and the Gemzar sometimes gave him a high fever the first night. Apparently, that is quite common. The Avastin he mostly had in combination with 2 other drugs. He seemed to tolerate it very well.

Praying for you. Take care.

• 3 weeks later...
"ernrol"]I got the results of the latest CT scan on Jan 9th. The results were mixed. The tumor they were radiating has shrunk by 75%, but some new spots showed up in the right lung and a few spots on the liver. The new chemo starts on Jan 16th. It will be Alimta, Gemzar and Avastin. Will have more scans around March to see how it is going. I have seemed to have recovered from the radiation and at about 90% of normal, whatever normal is. The Good Lord is still my chief physician and I put all my trust in him.

If anyone knows anything good about these drugs, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Ernie, I was wondering how U are doing? My wife has the same type of cancer as U do only with Bone mets and she was a smoker for 37 years. Her Onc has put her on alitma only as a second line treatment. He said that alitma is recomended as a stand alone treatment in her case. She was on Carbo/Taxol/avistan before her second line treatment. Hang in there and be strong we are praying for you!! I havent updated my profile and we are now haveing radiation treatments to some bone mets. The lungs seem to be doing very well and also the lympth nodes. She has 4 lesions on the outside of the liver. Good luck to you. You inspire us to have hope!!