Never give up hope!

Hi everyone, I don't usually post our good news...It's not that I'm not thrilled and excited, but I worry that I'll jinx things somehow...Anyway, when my mom was diagnosed over a year ago, I was so very overwhelmed and scared. (as we all are) She has done so well with treatment and YES, she has been on some form of chemo since being diagnosed, but other than a few minor side effects, she feels so much better than she did the entire year before she was actually diagnosed. Her recent CT shows significant shrinkage and her Dr. was very impressed. I want to let the new members to this wonderful site know that there is definitely hope and although we'd give anything for mom to be cancer free, I am very grateful for how healthy she is today. I know this isn't the always the case and I am so very sorry for everyone that has lost a loved one to this horrible disease. Life is certainly different now and I'm so very proud of my mom for how she is handling this monster. I guess what I'm trying to say (with far too many words) is don't give up hope...You CAN live with cancer....it doesn't HAVE to win! My thoughts and prayers are always with all of you. Shelley

Shelley,

I'm so glad that you shared your good news. It is so inspiring and gives hope to newcomers and current members alike. I am so happy for you and your mom. I pray she continues to do well. Please continue to share your good news - there is no such thing as too much good news! :D

Lisa

"Shelley (MLC)" ...It's not that I'm not thrilled and excited, but I worry that I'll jinx things somehow...

I used to think that, Shelley, but no longer. Even without cancer, if we wait until all uncertainty is removed from our lives before celebrating, we'll never celebrate. Thanks for posting! Aloha,

Ned

I think that it is very important to the newcomers here to read these types of posts. I remember I looked especially for posts to give me hope for my sister. I still firmly believe that no one should EVER give up and your post will help someone who needs to hear that. Thank you.

Love,

Bobby

Shelley,

I LOVED reading your post. It was very uplifting. You and your Mom are wished continued success. :D

Determination, and as you have said, "Never give up hope,"

Barbara

"Shelley (MLC)"]Hi everyone, I don't usually post our good news...It's not that I'm not thrilled and excited, but I worry that I'll jinx things somehow...Anyway, when my mom was diagnosed over a year ago, I was so very overwhelmed and scared. (as we all are) She has done so well with treatment and YES, she has been on some form of chemo since being diagnosed, but other than a few minor side effects, she feels so much better than she did the entire year before she was actually diagnosed. Her recent CT shows significant shrinkage and her Dr. was very impressed. I want to let the new members to this wonderful site know that there is definitely hope and although we'd give anything for mom to be cancer free, I am very grateful for how healthy she is today. I know this isn't the always the case and I am so very sorry for everyone that has lost a loved one to this horrible disease. Life is certainly different now and I'm so very proud of my mom for how she is handling this monster. I guess what I'm trying to say (with far too many words) is don't give up hope...You CAN live with cancer....it doesn't HAVE to win! My thoughts and prayers are always with all of you. Shelley

Shelley, always post good news, it gives the rest of us survivors more determination and hope.

"Shelley (MLC)"]Hi everyone, I don't usually post our good news...It's not that I'm not thrilled and excited, but I worry that I'll jinx things somehow...Anyway, when my mom was diagnosed over a year ago, I was so very overwhelmed and scared. (as we all are) She has done so well with treatment and YES, she has been on some form of chemo since being diagnosed, but other than a few minor side effects, she feels so much better than she did the entire year before she was actually diagnosed. Her recent CT shows significant shrinkage and her Dr. was very impressed. I want to let the new members to this wonderful site know that there is definitely hope and although we'd give anything for mom to be cancer free, I am very grateful for how healthy she is today. I know this isn't the always the case and I am so very sorry for everyone that has lost a loved one to this horrible disease. Life is certainly different now and I'm so very proud of my mom for how she is handling this monster. I guess what I'm trying to say (with far too many words) is don't give up hope...You CAN live with cancer....it doesn't HAVE to win! My thoughts and prayers are always with all of you. Shelley

Good to hear from you Shelley. And always post good news. That is actually the first post I check on!

So glad for your mom and you. I remember how scared you were. What a difference a year makes.

So to all you newbies, there are countless stories like Shelley's mom.

NEVER NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Maryanne :mrgreen:

You guys are the best! My mom turns 69 this weekend (on Easter) I wish I could be there, but it's a little difficult to escape this weekend. Mom's in NY, so we're quite a distance apart. My sister and her family will be there though and we are planning an entire family get together here this summer. Mom stays so busy and worries so much about everyone else. She doesn't spare a minute to worry about herself (I guess that's what her 5 children can do for her)!

Shelley

Shelley,

When I signed on today, I started to get that knot in my stomach because I've become attached to everyone here and when I read that a loved one has become sick or worse, I feel their pain down to my core. But I come back here, even when my mom is doing so well, to learn, appreciate and honor all of the people here who struggle and fight....struggle and fight. I posted a very similar post to yours just a few weeks ago about my own mother. You and I could've written one another's posts. My mom is doing GREAT...aside from weight gain which depresses her, she is living her life. Matter of fact, just yesterday Mom, myself, my cousin and my husband took our little girls to the "Boardwalk" to celebrate our 8-year-old's birthday. Mom & I rode the rollercoasters together, laughed and enjoyed life to it's fullest. She is the coolest Grandma! And still, the coolest mom! It felt like it did in my teens when my mom was such a good sport about riding the rides or playing the games....I was so proud of her. We are living life. It took a long time for me to stop concentrating on her cancer...and I still have to admit that I cry at a moments notice when I think of what she's been through and my constant, unspoken fear. But she is doing so well & we are having so much fun. These are the most precious times. And soon we will be flying off to Jamaica, to make yet more magical memories.

So Shelley, I LOVED reading your post. And I LOVE knowing that other people are finding the hope!

Tova

Hi Shelly,

I'm new to this site, and we hav'nt spoken before, but just want to say it's wonderful news about your Mom.

It's great for newcomers like me to read stories of success and hope. It's what all that's keeping me going these days! Continued success and good health to your Mom!

Gail