Getting to Know You - March 19

Ann

I just paid $3.19 yesterday, here in sunny Florida. Connie, you got a bargain...lol!!!

I have been lumping all of my errands into one day of the week and doing them all at one time. I used to pop out to the store whenever I needed something but now, I plan meals more carefully, always make a list and try to shop for an entire week (or even two) at one time. This seems to be saving me money on groceries as well as gas.

Our gas was up to $3.49 a gallon last week. The only thing that saves us is that with Joe being an over-the-road truck driver, he drives to work Monday morning, parks his car and doesn't have to drive it again until he gets home on Saturday. Thankfully, its a company truck he drives so he doesn't have to pay for diesel!!

Patti B.

We live 13 miles out of town. I told my husband if gas goes any higher we would hookup the team of mules and wagon we have and go to town. He laughed but I was serious. I've never been to Wal-Mart in a wagon before I bet people would laugh but think of the gas we would save!

dannnie

Dannnie-

Glad to see you back. I was worried about you. Did you ever get the PM I sent re: information on those chemicals you requested info on. Check under my mail at the top of the page and click on it. I need your email address because my brother sent me OSHA forms for you to read and I can't attach them to a PM.

Thanks - Patti B.

Hey dannie...........we live in Lancaster County among the Amish. Our Wal-Mart has a whole secion where horse and buggies can park!!!!

Maybe that's what we should be doing. We would fit right in on the roads here with a horse-drawn cart!!!! Hm.........I'll give that some thought. Becasue as of right now.....we haven't done one darned thing! Shame on us :oops: !

Kasey

JB, you are insane, that is why we love you.

I have an SUV so I usually become the designated driver on our 'field trips'. I have started to say "Oh no, you can drive."

But I will not let the price of gas stop me from doing the things I need to do or that I enjoy.

Or maybe, I'll just drive faster like JB.