Bonny Michaels

bam451

It's so weird to look at my mom's obituary. I can't believe she's really gone. She was my best friend and I will miss her every day for the rest of my life. If you would have asked me last week I would have told you that the last 1 1/2 have been the longest years of my life, but the second she passed, it felt as if those two years flew by and I wasn't prepared at all to see her go. I know she is in a better place now. But it's hard to not be selfish and wish that better place wasn't here with me and Dad. Every time I start to cry, I just grab my shoulder, because I know that's where she will always be... Sitting on my shoulder watching over me.

Michaels, Bonita A.

Bonita A. "Bonny" Michaels, nee Young; age 58, died after a courageous battle with cancer, beloved wife of James Michaels; loving mother of Beth (Armin) Gonzalez; dear sister of Jack (Lucille) Young; aunt of many. Visitation Thursday 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Adams-Winterfield & Sullivan Funeral Home, 4343 Main St. (1 blk. So. of Ogden Ave.), Downers Grove. Visitation Friday 8:30 a.m. until time of Service 9 a.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 5211 Carpenter Street (at Grove), Downers Grove. Interment Clarendon Hills Cemetery. Memorials to The Baby Gonzalez Education Fund, appreciated.

Beth - we exhanged many emails back and forth - very similar cases - Chicago, only child, mom in her 50s, we are about the same age. I was hoping for a miracle in your case though. And I'm so sorry, I know how much you loved your mom and she loved you. I won't lie to you - it is SO hard, it's only been 2 months for me, and it feels like yesterday. If you want to PM me, I will give you my private email and we can talk one on one. Even if you want to meet up after everything calms down - I'm here in Chicago. You are starting another emotional roller coaster ride, but this time it will about you and how you deal with the loss of your mom, we are here for you to grab onto......

• 3 weeks later...