Rich-- Dadstimeon-- Update 6/17

Ry

Thanks Rochelle, everyone for the kind words, thoughts and prayers.

In a nutshell had to be hospitalized for (under control now) CHF. While there had a CT Scan and numerous other tests. Was determined that I need to have a cauterization and possibly stent in one of my arteries. if cannot do stent for some reason then maybe bypass. My understanding some arteries are to small to stent regardless. They did cover all the bases and my all my options which is good. Also on the Ct Scan my nodules grew larger and some lymph nodes where enlarged from the Ct Scan I just had recently. Talked with my oncologist and he felt at this time we should hold off doing anything (get the heart problems resolved first, already had a lot of chemo and at this time does not appear to be a problem) and rescan in August. I agreed, won't have to worry about my lung cancer if my ticker stops. :roll::lol: My nodules have grown in the past but (thank God) are always very small and the lymph nodes enlarged could be with just everything going on. Was hoping to get it done (the cath) there but developed a rash all over my body and of course could not stop scratching it. No way could I stay still for the whole procedure, awake when they do it. At first they said the rash was from the dye/Ct Scan. I questioned it because I must of had 15 to 20, if not more in in the last 6 year. Upon discharge they then leaned more toward a possible (translation we don;t know) virus. If I go for another Ct Scan in the future ask my doctor if I need to have the dye and if so they can give me meds before the Scan. Learn something new everyday. Also told I seemd confused/disorinanted at times, told them I mother was always telling me that growing up. LOL. They say laughter is the best medicine. Well think that's everything up to date and enough for now. As my Grandmother used too sa-- it's always something Ricky! :)

Again thanks Rochelle, everyone for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. Take care everyone and God Bless!

Rich

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich:

I'm very glad you're back home again with your sense of humor still intact! :D I'm also sorry about the growth in your nodules and lymph nodes, but glad that it seems to be slow and small.

As hard as it's been fighting lung cancer, I can't imagine trying to fight on two fronts at the same time (heart and lungs); and I applaud you for your heroic efforts!

Carole

Rich - so glad you are back funny man! It seemed very strange here without you.

I laughed when you said "possible virus" which is absolutely the catch all for "we haven't got a clue!"

Anyhow, I will be praying that these issues get resolved quickly for you.

Take care,

Linda

Thank goodness you are back Rich. I have been praying for you. It was SO nice to see you posting. You have obviously touched so many here...a very special guy. Get real better and keep on keepin' on bud. You are an inspiration. Take good care

Sandra

Rich you old buzzard! Good to hear from you and happy you are still in rare form. Let's get that viral rash :roll: cleared up and get this show on the road. Glad to hear they are focusing on the heart issues first. (I think they are full of it and you've had one too many "dye jobs" with those scans, but I'm not a real doctor, I only play one on the Internet. :lol: I'd still put my money on an allergic dye reaction, it only takes one too many to flip you over into allergy land. My best friend developed this problem. )

Prayers and good thoughts sent your way.

Thanks also to Ry for the updates.

Welthy

Oh Rich, so glad you are home!! Praying all will go well when you go and have your ticker taken care of.

Let us know when that will be.

I love your attitude always did, you are such a great inspiration to all of us!!

Maryanne :wink: