4 years

ginnyde

Impossible - it can't be four years. But it is at 4:30 a.m. on 8/18/08.

To borrow Pat's expression, I still miss him like fire.

I am fortunate to have a great family and a bunch of wonderful friends, a job that pays enough to allow me to indulge in my toys and my good health.

So life is good - BUT - there is a huge hole in my heart. How often I can't wait to tell him something. How often I ache for his arms around me. But my life is good.

4 years - do you believe it.

Hi Ginny,

It always amazes me how fast time flies and the older we get the quicker it moves!

It has been five years since Mike passed away. It seems like a lifetime ago...and yet, just yesterday.

When I think about him being gone, it seems surreal. It is then when I feel like there is something missing. When I focus on the future, I can make it through life with a smile on my face.

The very hardest part of losing your mate is you lose a very real part of yourself.

I have chosen to just focus on what I have, not what I've lost. Looking back is just too painful.

Hope you survived the day surrounded by friends and loved ones. (((((((((Ginny))))))))))

Hugs to you.

Shannon

I can't believe it's been four years. I sometimes think of all the women I've known

that lost their husbands and I wonder how they came through it. I think well they did it and they're ok...I can do this too. When I lost John I thought of all your posts about keeping busy and active. You were such a help to me and I appreciated you calling me. I look at you and I hope to get to that life is good part (but) someday.

It is 9:00 p.m. EDT, so the day is almost over. I golfed 18 holes this morning - ok it was ugly. Went to lunch with my golf friends and then went up to my son's house for dinner with him and 2 of his children. His wife and other 2 children are down at their house on Long Beach Island NJ. My daughter called. So as you can see I continue this journey staying very busy and surrounded by people care about and who make me laugh.

My friends here understand this lousy journey through and after this disease better than anyone. It is your posts that I cherish and I feel a kinship with you all. I wish you all lived close so you could all attend our wonderful DelVal lunch this Sept.

My heart goes out to all who are fighting and surviving this disease with courage and hope. This message board offers a strong step in getting our message out. We need more money and more publicity and more money and more money, oh did I say more money to get the scientists and drug companies to find a solution.

So the day is almost over, the team of Walsh and May-Treanor are winning the beach volleyball and I am very lucky to have such wonderful cyber friends.

Thank you for your expressions of support.

P.S. Did I tell you that I look the same in a bikini as those beach volleyball women, ha.