Jim's Intro

biker90

Hey folks, I was dxed in May this year with stage II NSCLC, had surgery end of June and am currently half way through chemo (Alimta and Cisplatin). Will finish up on Nov 7 with no delays. I am also a 2 year survivor of prostate cancer also stage II and had surgery for that too.

I am 74 years old and a retired Systems Engineer and math teacher. I ride motorcycles and hunt.

Hi Jim and welcome to our support group. How are you doing with the Alimta and cisplatin? I've had surgery and chemo twice and the second time I had gemzar and cisplatin. Hope you aren't having too many side effects. Congrats. on making it half-way through chemo.

Muriel

Hey there biker/hunter Jim. So sorry for your need to be here but you have found a place of great support and information. I am sure you are looking forward to the end of your treatments. I hope they are successful. Please stick around and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sandra

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

My chemo side effects are fatigue (10 days), sore mouth, metal taste, some hair loss and nausea (controlled with meds). I feel pretty good in the third week of the 3 week cycle. Day 2 through 8 are a total loss.

Yes, I am very fortunate that both cancers were diagnosed early enough for surgery. I attribute this to my excellent family doctor who has kept track of me for 20 or so years.

HI Jim. Sounds like you are doing good. That first 6 months is tough. No one talked to me about Staging but following the explaination I think I was IIB. Soon I will be celebrating 11 years of survival! Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Donna G

Hi Jim, welcome aboard. If you've been reading before posting, you already know what a great family we have here.

I'd say your response to the chemo is fairly typical. I didn't have your particular cocktail but my response was very similar. We'll all be waiting for your follow-up.

Best of luck, Judy in Key West

Hi Jim,

I too just wanted to send off a warm hello and welcome to LCSC. Sorry you had the need to find us, but I'm glad we're here to offer support and information.

I too am glad to hear your doing pretty good throughout your treatments. It's not always a cake walk, but it sure is doable. It will be behind you before you know it.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome, Jim. I'm another diagnosed with stage II who had surgery, then chemo. I had surgery last December 20th and finished chemo in April. I'm doing fine after 10 months. Good luck and keep us posted.