Radiation Time Again

Judy-OK

:roll: Well darn it ... it seems like every time they scan something they find more trouble. They have identified three tumors in my brain so I will start tomorrow receiving 10 radiation treatments which will be completed on Dec. 3rd. Then probably some cyberknife to follow that. Not sure what to expect just trying to figure out how to get to and from the radiation treatments and taking it one day at a time. Hoping I MIGHT get strong enough to drive myself for a few of them. They said I would expeience some short term memory loss ... do any of you know how bad that is??? Could I actually leave home driving in for treatment and forget where I was going???? Thanks for information, thoughts and prayers. Judy

Hi Judy. Well I am thinking a lot more than just darn it!!! I am so sorry for your latest news. It just seems to be one thing after the other with this darn disease. I have no idea about side effects of WBR so hopefully others will come along soon.

Tons of prayers and positive thoughts for successful radiation treatments. Even if you don't need a ride I hope you find someone comforting and companionable to go with you. Take care

Sandra

Hi Judy. Sorry I cannot help you with any information on the WBR treatments. Just want to let you know that I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best during your treatments.

Judy,

I'm sorry to hear that you need WBR. I know a lot of folks have had very good results with it though. While we have not experienced this, from what I've read I think you need to have someone drive you to and from your treatments. You can always check the resurces at www.cancergrace.org. They have information on WBR and you can ask one of the radiologists or Dr. West.

Best of luck to you and let us know how you are doing.

Susan

Oh Judy, CRAP!! This is just CRAP!! I'm with you about scanning things. Are scan's a GOOD THING or a I DON'T WANT TO KNOW THING?????? :roll::?:(

Your really not going to be driving RIGHT???? I'm guessing that wouldn't be to cool!

I never had WBR or any other kind at this point, but I just want you to know your in my thoughts and prayers my friend.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((JUDY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wow, Judy, if it's not one thing it's another. I agree that posting a question on cancergrace.org would be a good idea. One of Dr. West's associates at GRACE is a radiation oncologist, and she could give you a sense of the side effects you might experience. One or both will probably answer within 24 hours.

Aloha,

Ned

Could I actually leave home driving in for treatment and forget where I was going????

Judy, were you being serious here or was that your sense of humor showing? I'm so sorry about your scan. Since nobody here seems to have first hand experience (so far) with WBR, I'm with Ned. Try cancergrace.com. Those doctors there are amazing and respond in a very timely manner. Hope it all goes well and that you find your way home. Positive energy and thoughts your way.

Judy in Key West

Hi Judy,

So sorry to hear of this latest development. My mom had WBR for a single met and had gamma knife also when the radiation had not effectively irradicated the tumor. My mom has experienced some memory loss, but it's more the ability to recall names/specific words (which is really frustrating for her, but certainly not debilitating in any way - and it's not extreme but enough that SHE notices it). But the better news is it appeared to have worked! At her latest scans the tumor had shrunk significantly (details in my profile below). Praying for successful treatment!

Love,

Nicole