Mom's Home From the Hospital!!!

shineladysue

Mom is FINALLY home for the hospital!!! After three weeks , she is finally in her own home and doing very well. We are so thankful that she is NED at this time and the doctor has done a total cleanup of the area where Mom had two wedge sections last year. To bring everyone up to date, the biopsy showed that the nodule this time was benign and so was all the tissue the doctor sent to pathology . He removed the upper part of the upper right lobe of her lung. He is pleased and considers her cured, but she will still go for her scans. It was her scans that detected this hotspot. She did well with the surgery , but had complications after by going into pneumonia and there was an air leak in the chest tube which delayed her going home. She's a bit weak, but totally thankful to be alive, grateful to a lot of wonderful doctors and nurses. We had a few bumps and one or two bad nurses, but 90% were wonderful and when Mom left she could hardly exit the building because of all the nurses stopping her and hugging her along the way. :-) She also appreciates all the support from the members of this board.

I love being able to post in the "Good News" forum... This is indeed my favorite place to read and to post.

Love and Prayers to all my LCSC family,

Sue