Days and Days of Crying

Marci

Hi All,

Just venting here. After my Mom passed 2/21/09 I had been so strong for my brother and father. All of sudden I seem to cry everyday and just can't stop. I need to function to work and am finding functioning to becoming an issue all though I keep the feelings at bay right now so not to lose total control. My therapist says its normal to cry like that and go through all kinds of emotions. I am angry one minute sad the next. The missing her and knowing that I have to face each day without her is just so horrible to me. Just venting....

Marci

Marci, sounds like your grief is catching up with you. It usually does feel big when you have been trying to be strong so long. Hope you get a lot of it out and start having some "fond memory" days. Glad you have a therapist to help you with this.

Judy in Key West

when you "Stay Strong" for so long, there is eventually a breaking point!! THis is a good thing even though its hard. get it all out and it will help. Sorry about your Mom Marci! Glad you are dealing with it and handling things..

It sounds as if your strong shoulders have been holding everyone else in your family up since your mom passed. Now, it's your turn to grieve, which is completely natural. For me, realizing the finality of my husband's death was the hardest part. I felt I had to be strong for my children and his parents all during his treatment and then, when we lost him, it all hit home for me. The best "medicine" I had was a best friend that's a really good listener. The love and support she gave me in the months following my loss was incredible. Having someone to talk to and just getting it all off your chest always seems to help. Please let us know if you need us to listen.

I love all you guys so much, I can't tell you where I would be right now if it wasn't for all the support here. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I pray for all of you and continue to rally for those fighting the fight. This site seems to make the journey more manageable in a way. I love you all and will continue to hold all of you in my prayers daily.

Thanks for the support ALWAYS-

Marci

(((Marci))) ... and (((Alyssa))) too! I get it .. did the same thing for three weeks after my husband died, for the sake of the rest of the family. and then everything just came apart and I cried for three days straight! Glad you have a therapist to help you through this, Marci. You may also want to see a family doctor. He gave me an anti-depressant which really helped (after about a week - it takes time to take effect). and I am now at least semi-functional. And venting really helps, too! So don't hesitate to do so here.