It's not the wires/Updated 10/27/09

Flyman35

What the tech said about a hot spot in the center of his ribs cage has nothing to do with the titanium wires from the heart surgery.

It is the center of his right rib cage on the 6th or 7th rib. The right side is where the original tumor was.

He is going in for a rib x-ray in the morning to rule out bony lesion.

CRAP!!!

Denise

Thanks everyone. I have an update that is not much of an update.

They (the nurse) called Tom and left a message on his voicemail that there are no fractures so everything looks good. HELLOOOOO!!! We are not looking for fractures we are looking to see if the cancer is in the bones. ARGGHHHHHH!!!! does the report not say anything about that? What did they think they were looking for? Infuriating to say the least.

Tom is going to call the doctor tomorrow and get things straight.

Denise

Incredible Denise! I don't undertand why they can't keep things right at times.

I had a sinus CT a couple of years ago, and the doctor's office called and said I have to see a Cardiac doctor as there is a problem with my heart. WHAT! They only scanned my face..... They got me mixed up with someone else.

Anyway, still praying that the results will be good. I know you will let us know when you finally find out.

Maryanne

So I guess it looks like all is okay. We went to the Onc today and he did not seem to concerned when he looked through the reports.

I was trying to wrap my brain around all the different opinions we were getting in regards to the scan and x-ray's. The no fractures thing had me but from what Katie said it make sense now. The nurse at the dr's office said that it was COPD and not the bones. Then I wondered if you were scanning the bone then how can COPD show up. COPD is in the lungs and not the bones. The Onc said though that if the inflammation or damaged tissue is nearer the plueral lining which is closer to the ribs it can show up or appear that it is in the ribs.

So the next course of action is to have a Fused PET/CT on Dec 15th. I asked what the difference was between Fused and normal scans he had been getting. The Onc stated that they overlay the images for comparison.

So there you have it. I suppose I should consider this a blessing.

Denise

Yes Denise, you should definitely consider this a blessing. It sounds like this fusion thing is just a precaution. They sound pretty sure of what they are seeing but (liability-wise) they can't take chances. Congratulations and here's hoping all is still well after Dec's scan.

Judy in Key West

Denise-

I am so sorry that I missed this original post but at least I didn't have to worry about Tom!!!

Sounds like everything is working out OK which is wonderful.

You know I have said this about Tom before - YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD MAN DOWN!!! He is such a trooper.

Hugs - Patti B.