Pre-Op Assessment

Melanie86

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from my pre-op assessment. A lot more waiting than I thought there'd be! lol.

Took blood, gave me the white tights, lungs sound good, ECG looked good, met with physio, talked with anesthesiologist about fears of epidural, had chest xray, and breathing test.

Surgery will be Monday, show up for 6am, surgery starts at 8am, 4 hours long.

Getting sort of excited. Pretty scared still. That's the update! 4 days away!

Sincerely, Melanie

Melanie, add my prayers to the rest. You are going to do just fine. I can't tell you not to be nervous because I would imagine everyone that has this kind of surgery or any kind of surgery, for that matter, are nervous. Your amazing attitude and your youth are in your favor. Hang in there and take strength from all the prayers coming your way. I will be saying extra prayers for you that day.

Hugs,

Sue

I certainly add my prayers for you with the rest of the group here. I am praying that you have a successful surgery and that you are patient with yourself and give your body time to heal. I will say a special prayer for you in the morning as you go in for surgery. They will have you up walking the hospital hallway the next day. Remember, when they start giving you food to eat, eat it even though you may not feel like it. Just chew drink and swallow. Be sure to drink plenty of water also.

Carol

God Bless us, everyone.

Thank you all so much for your support. You will never truely know how much you all have helped me cope since I was diagnosed. Tomorrow I will be thinking of you all.

Thank you for all of your prayers, support, and information i could have never gotten off of the internet elsewhere.

You guys are the best.

Thanks for everything. Tomorrow's my day, I'm scared, but I'll just remember, Feb. 8th is the day I was cured!!!!!!!

Sincerely, Melanie