Bill Has Died

Barb73

Oh Barb-

I am so truly sorry to hear this. You and Bill always seemed invicible to me. I have enjoyed the emails and PMs we have shared and I just want you to know that you can contact me anytime you want to talk.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and hopes for strength to get through this difficult time.

RIP Bill - you were a true cancer warrior!!

Hugs - Patti B

(((Barb))), reading this just breaks my heart. You and Bill have been such an inspiration to so many of us. The way your lived your life through this journey together has been like reading a beautiful love story. Thank you for sharing your lives with us and know that we are still here for you. May God be with you as you go through these difficult days and may your precious Bill rest in peace.

Love ,

Sue

Oh Barb, what do you tell a person when you read something like this.

I wish I had some words to help comfort you. But know that I hold you in my heart of hearts.

We are always here for you..

I am so deeply sorry....

Maryanne :cry:

Link to obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/northj ... =141242858

Your posts to me have been a great comfort, even though I am sitting here crying as a result. They are tears of gentle release and much needed.

Bill had an amazing journey as we recalled many times during the regimens.

Except for the shoulder, Bill never had any pain, nausea, and save a bit of fatigue following some chemotherapies, he was viable. We lived a nearly normal life, and up until the winter of 2009, he was able to shovel snow and rake leaves. Those were indicators to us that he could feel "viable."

The amount of pain meds on hospice was so scant that when they came and I told them to destroy the pain kits, they were amazed at the amount that was not used. I tell this to let everyone know that Bill was not in any pain throughout his trek with lung cancer.

I think during the last week or so, he received maybe three of four percocets on various occasions, and only once on those days.

The nurses, the healthcare worker and I were taken with the fact that Bill was singing during the last weeks. Someone would say something, and Bill would find a song that had something to do with what was said - a word, a phrase, and it fit perfectly. We had many laughs, and good feelings over that.

Thank you for every single word here for me to hold dear. I do.

Today, I am taking our children, grandchildren, along with my sister, and her husband, Bill, to dinner where Bill and I dined over the many years.

Tomorrow, there will be a viewing in the afternoon and evening at The Petrik Funeral Home (across the street from us and down one block).

Our son will be saying the Mass at Our Lady Queen of Peace, on Staten Island, at 11:00 am on Tuesday morning.

The burial will be in the New Jersey Military Cemetary, at 2:00 pm, Tuesday afternoon.

I love you all with all that is in my heart. You have made our journey smoother, and always filled with caring and support.

Barbara