Bill Has Died

Barb73

My husband, Bill, died this afternoon, March 25, at 2:15 pm.

He passed very peacefully, and had no pain over his hospice stay, except for his shoulder when moved.

Our diningroom became his greeting room for all to come and visit him.

He never complained of anything during his courageous fight. He took it as a job to be done, and gained five plus years in the process.

My heart is broken, but I am grateful for the years we have had together. We were married for 54 1/2 years.

Months ago, he told me that he had no regrets. I took that as a compliment to our lives together.

He told the healthcare worker, "I love my Barbara."

Rest in peace, dear Bill.

Your loving wife, Barbara

Oh Barbara,

(((Hugs)))

What a blessing it has been to follow your love story this past year. I wish you comfort and peace and I hope you will continue to stay in touch with all of us and let us know how you are doing.

And Bill, we will miss you.

Stephanie

Barb I am so sorry to read that Bill has passed. I too have followed you and Bill's story from the very beginning of my own diagnosis and am very saddened by his passing. Please know that my thougts and prayers are with you and your family.

Carol

I am so sad and taken back to see this Barb! I know Bill will be missed here by so many people as he was a great warrior and fought so hard with a wonderful wife to help him! I am glad he was surrounded by love peace and happiness when he passed though.....

My thoughts My Prayers and my condolences.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to loose our loved one. Prayers going up for your peace and the family and friends and that soon you will have more days enjoying all your wonderful and blessed memories of all those years you shared.

Donna G

My dear Barbara.....I too am deeply saddened by the news of Bill's passing. ALL of us here have been following your journey and we ALL feel pain with you during this loss. Please surround yourself with loved ones during this grieving time, it's so important.

Sitting here thinking about past months and how you took the time to help me during such a devastating journey yourself says to ALL of us what a wonderful and loving woman you are.

I know that Bill and Donald are both smiling down on us right now with a heart full of love until we too can join our loving husbands for eternity.

May God Bless you my dear one.

(((Barbara))) - I am so terribly sorry to hear of Bill's passing. I had been thinking about you both over the past few days. I am so thankful he had a peaceful passing and had no pain during hospice-that is a blessing. Keeping you in my heart and in my prayers.

Many hugs,

Linda

Barbara,

I hope you can feel the prayers that I hope are surrounding you like a comforting hug. You and Bill have the most precious love and that hasn't died. That will never die. Not as long as you live, not as long and your children live and not as long as anyone one of us on the board lives, remembers and draws strength from the way you lived your lives and fought this disease together.

You know we will be here for you. You've been so strong for so long, I hope you will let us hold you up now.

Love,

Susan

So sorry to read this, Barbara. Condolences to you and yours. Like others, the thing that has always struck me was how courageous both of you have been. I can't imagine anyone having a better caregiver than you, Barbara. Rest in peace, Bill.

Barbara, I am so sorry for your loss. Even though I knew it was coming, still it is a shock. I've become so accustomed to your updates and Bill has always seem so strong and determined in his fight. I guess we have to accept that it was his time. I'm so glad to hear he had no pain to the end. Please know that we love you both and honor the love story of that you shared with us. May that love support you through the difficult days ahead.

Much caring, Judy

I just don't have the wrods to be of any comfort to you, Barbara. Instead I can just send such heartfelt love, hugs, thoughts, and prayers. The previous posters have said much of what I would. You and I have discussed our love affairs and I am heartbroken for you. I've always been with you in spirit - though not in the flesh. I wish I could have. Remember - 2 hours and 51 minutes, I think.

Yours is an everlasting love story which will endure for ages and be remembered by many - by you, all your family, and those of us here who will never forget Barbara and Bill. Your journey has changed my life for sure.

I'll wiat for it to be the right time for you to lift the phone. In the meantime, Fred and I will keep you at the top of the prayer list - right where you have been for some time now. Struggling here - feeling so helpless.

Love,

Kasey