Mom is part of the empty head club!

niececola

My mom has been having severe headaches lately, so I have been very fearful that she has brain mets. Well, God has blessed us today, as part of her testing for admission to the clinical trial, they ran a brain MRI and we found out today it is clear! :D

OK, so if it is not brain mets, then what? Any suggestions on what could be causing the headaches?

Thanks,

Denise

Great News! Tension causes headaches. What would be relaxing for her, a walk in the woods, listening to a water fall, petting her dog, soft music? Is she is the middle of chemo? Ask the doctor if she could have a day at the Spa, a massage, a facial, body wrap. Perhaps a tylenol. Donna G

Hi Denise;

YES, That is great news!!!, boy I can't wait to join this EHC !!!

I know, I'm pushin it, :) and I'd opt for the spa thing, I had one on the beach on the Sea of Cortez in Mex. , boy it was gooood!! took all my cares away!! :):)

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

That is great news! As for the headaches, what doesn't cause a headache! I suffer from migraines and tension headaches and have done a lot of research. There are soooo many headache sufferers that I think it is more normal to have headaches than not! One of the major causes of headaches are stress/tension. Hmmm, what could your mom be stressesd about? ;) Actually brain tumors are one of the least common causes of headaches. That's why they have headache clinics all over and people like me love our vicadin when the severe pain hits :) Is she allowed to take excedrin or tylenol or alleve?

Denise,

GREAT that she has an empty head, sorry, though, that it hurts!

My question would be the KIND of headache she has - the one that feels like someone is sticking a fork in her eye? The type that feels like a vise is on the hat rim? Back of the head? Top of the head? Face?

When she's having the headaches, is she sick to her stomach and/or sensitive to light? (I have migraines - best to take Excedrin Migraine, cover the bedroom windows with blankets to make it darker, get out of any binding clothes and into something warm and soft and just sleep it off...)

One of the big causes of headaches is dehydration (one of the reasons for hangovers after drinking, the brain's ganglia shrink when dehydrated and cause pain..).

...and as everyone else has mentioned, stress is a killer. When my headaches are brought on by stress, my back and shoulders are tight, as well...

I'm guessing a cure for headaches would be a vacation away from home with lots of pampering....for a year, at least, is MY prescription! ...but if that's not possible, guess that leaves better living through chemistry...

Take care,

Becky